Groups

My (very small) photography folio

Im just getting started into photography (im 16) and ive been sifting through tons of photo's trying to find some half decent ones. Ive only put 4 up so far, but let me know what you think.

keiththomsondigital.deviantart.com

36 Comments

There wicked! look professional, liking the golden eagle stare

Reallly good, especially the second Golden Eagle one - you are very talented!

cracking pics, what camera do you use?

Very nice, any chance of those eagles cropped to centre on some 1920x1200 wallpapers so i can add them to my wallpaper gallery dir?

Original Poster

I was going to get an SLR, but i tried out my Dad's TZ7 - and i think you'll agree ill just stick with that.

Schizo, sure i should be able to do something for you

Original Poster

Also, if any of you could comment physically on the page, it would be much appreciated

Banned

Where are the art n00dz?

Original Poster

vibeone;8722523

Where are the art n00dz?

wtf is an art n00d?

Keithoms;8722529

wtf is an art n00d?

noodz as in nudes! I think that's what he means...him just being smutty! lol

loving the golden eagle one.Beautiful.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/149/e/2/Golden_Eagle_by_KeithThomsonDigital.jpg

My fave

You should consider the DSLR. Get a secondhand Nikon D40, Canon 400D or something like that at less than £200 secondhand to get you started with real photography. The TZ7 is a lovely compact, but if you consider yourself a serious amateur then get to find your way around a proper camera.
    Have a look a composition and rule of thirds, it will give you some clues how to improve your current pictures. For example your seascape is just cut in half by the sea. The white owl has dead space to the right. Ask yourself how much of that picture is your own work, and how much did the camera do?

Have a look through Flickr or a forum like Talk Photography where you will get useful opinions on your work and you can see the standard being set by so called amateurs. Some people produce breathtaking work and photography isn't even their day job.

Banned

Keithoms;8722529

wtf is an art n00d?

its like a normal nudie lady, only its allowed because its art!

very good

can you post some of the photos without that awful deviantart watermark in the middle please

ScRiVs;8722612

My fave

You could very easily sell that.

v good

brilliant, you are very talented, i wouldnt mind having that as my wallpaper

I can only see the eagle one.....which is stunning btw, but wher are the otheres?? :?

Keithoms;8722511

I was going to get an SLR, but i tried out my Dad's TZ7 - and i think … I was going to get an SLR, but i tried out my Dad's TZ7 - and i think you'll agree ill just stick with that.Schizo, sure i should be able to do something for you

nice! im getting the FZ38 sometime next week.

Original Poster

I am keeping the watermark's on just in case i do decide to sell that one (I am dried of cash).

I am happy that these have turned out so good.

Nice pictures! (Don't want to be a sneaky ****** but my ]Flickr is here if anyone wants a look)
    Keithoms, what camera did you use to take the eagle picture?

Original Poster

It was a Panny Lumix TZ7

MinstrelMan;8723402

You could very easily sell that.

Where and to what audience?

These photos are ok, but really in my opinion they are not as special as people seem to suggest. Photography forums are full of pictures like this and better. You can achieve these pictures at many country fairs, rallies etc. where they have birds of prey.

It's not a downer on the lads work, but although these may be good to many non-photographers, on the scale of things they are not that special. Have a look at what's out there done by nature photographers and keen amateurs, compare up against them.

Original Poster

BlackCloud;8724867

Where and to what audience?These photos are ok, but really in my opinion … Where and to what audience?These photos are ok, but really in my opinion they are not as special as people seem to suggest. Photography forums are full of pictures like this and better. You can achieve these pictures at many country fairs, rallies etc. where they have birds of prey.It's not a downer on the lads work, but although these may be good to many non-photographers, on the scale of things they are not that special. Have a look at what's out there done by nature photographers and keen amateurs, compare up against them.

I completely understand. This definitely is nothing compared to others.

DSLR +1 by the way, no real substribute for full frame, far lower sensor pixel density, proper lenses

Keithoms;8725095

I completely understand. This definitely is nothing compared to others.

Good attitude. You have some nice pics, I just thought people were getting carried away. At least you know what a nice quality pic looks like. You probably have the best from that TZ7, get a DSLR and enjoy your photography...AND...see it go into a different league. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I was going to get a DSLR, but in all honesty, im not allowed :.(

very good mate:thumbsup:
    dont give it up as you'll get alot better.

BlackCloud;8724867

Where and to what audience?These photos are ok, but really in my opinion … Where and to what audience?These photos are ok, but really in my opinion they are not as special as people seem to suggest. Photography forums are full of pictures like this and better. You can achieve these pictures at many country fairs, rallies etc. where they have birds of prey.It's not a downer on the lads work, but although these may be good to many non-photographers, on the scale of things they are not that special. Have a look at what's out there done by nature photographers and keen amateurs, compare up against them.

Anyone who finds it to be a thoroughly good shot.

yes there are plenty of other great shots out there, but people buy upon ignorance and a whim, it only takes someone to walk past a shop and see somthing like this in the window and they'll buy it, they don't look at it and think "oh yeah, i'll get a picture of a bird for my wall, lets go home and have a raid through Flickr, download it and take it somewhere to get it printed on a canvas and wait a week before I can put it up"

There's an image out there for everyone, and please don't be under the impression, you can pick up any SLR set it to automatic and take a picture like that.

If you didn't wish to go down that route, it'd certainly make a good stock image.

Original Poster

I dont believe it..
    Someone liked my picture so much, that they took onto themselves to draw it!

Original:
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/149/e/2/Golden_Eagle_by_KeithThomsonDigital.jpg

Drawing:
    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/151/8/6/Golden_Eagle_by_kazadduum.jpg

Very nice.

Feel free to post on HUKD's very own photo thread!

hotukdeals.com/ite…010

Original Poster

Benjimoron;8731912

Very nice.Feel free to post on HUKD's very own photo … Very nice.Feel free to post on HUKD's very own photo thread!http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/571034/show-us-your-photos-2010

I have, i noticed it after i made this thread

Ha ha...that's brilliant! Well they say imitation is the best form of flattery!

Talking of which, I was at a country fair thing today and couldn't resist the opportunity...I was thinking of you!

Couldn't get the same species but... (your bird is a bit more impressive!!)

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/Mojave_plain/0e6806e2.jpg

Original Poster

BlackCloud;8732031

Ha ha...that's brilliant! Well they say imitation is the best form of … Ha ha...that's brilliant! Well they say imitation is the best form of flattery!Talking of which, I was at a country fair thing today and couldn't resist the opportunity...I was thinking of you!Couldn't get the same species but... (your bird is a bit more impressive!!)

Fantastic shot, if it was of the Golden Eagle it would definitely be better than mine

Original Poster

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/151/2/4/Golden_Eagle_Wing__s_Spread_by_KeithThomsonDigital.jpg

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/151/0/e/Golden_Eagle_Full_Shot_by_KeithThomsonDigital.jpg

Last one is a bit noisy, but not one of my decent pic's, just wanted to put it up as it was a nice one.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Competitions on HUKD712
      2. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?88
      3. word survey1316
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please35

See more discussions