My Vodafone App (VeryMe) Issues

Posted 29th Sep
Hello Everyone,

I seek your help and guidance to fix the issue I face here. I have tried 2 different contract monthly SIMs on both iPhones (iPhone 6 and XS Max) as well as android phones (Google Nexus and HTC M8) and on each of the phones I get the unhelpful "we are facing technical difficulties, try again later" messages when trying to setup the "My Vodafone App"

The numbers are active, as I can make/receive calls and also browse the internet etc.

What could be going wrong? Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
I don't have an issue with mine. Make sure youre on data and not wifi
Jaspabt129/09/2019 22:15

I don't have an issue with mine. Make sure youre on data and not wifi

Thanks for replying. I am on data only, coz when on wifi the app prompted I need to be on data, but no luck.
Can you uninstall the app, then reinstall ensuring on data only.
Just checked mine and it says the app is offline for essential maintenance. Worth waiting until that's complete
Jaspabt129/09/2019 22:18

Can you uninstall the app, then reinstall ensuring on data only.

Just tried that too and still no joy
Jaspabt129/09/2019 22:19

Just checked mine and it says the app is offline for essential …Just checked mine and it says the app is offline for essential maintenance. Worth waiting until that's complete

Ah ok, thats the message I am getting too - so maybe there is a chance it works once they have fixed the issue then. Thanks for letting me know. Once its up and running, would you be so kind to update again, so I can try.
I had problems today when it would not verify my email address when I clicked on the link. I uninstalled app and used another email which it verified . Then once verified , changed email back to one I wanted . Also read the privacy options in the app . It seems Vodafone wants to spy on us with our permission. I switched off all permission s except those needed inside the settings.
Mine is working fine .
matwalaboy29/09/2019 22:22

Ah ok, thats the message I am getting too - so maybe there is a chance it …Ah ok, thats the message I am getting too - so maybe there is a chance it works once they have fixed the issue then. Thanks for letting me know. Once its up and running, would you be so kind to update again, so I can try.

When it says offline, that actually means it is offline. It may seem like an issue with your SIM because the app seems like it is offline more than it is available, absolutely useless.
AW007929/09/2019 22:49

Mine is working fine .

Still doesn't work for me I give up.
jamie1529/09/2019 23:02

When it says offline, that actually means it is offline. It may seem like …When it says offline, that actually means it is offline. It may seem like an issue with your SIM because the app seems like it is offline more than it is available, absolutely useless.

I used to think Wuntu app was sh1te - but the one from Vodafone takes the cake - shockingly bad experience so far.
matwalaboy30/09/2019 00:35

Still doesn't work for me I give up.

Mine was working at the time i posted.It is now 📴line .Never give 👆 .
Edited by: "AW0079" 30th Sep
AW007930/09/2019 07:38

Comment deleted

Still no luck - keep getting the dialog which says "we're having a few technical difficulties at the moment. We're working hard to get things sorted"
Mine is working fine now. Had to log back in and set up a pin.
Jaspabt130/09/2019 09:40

Mine is working fine now. Had to log back in and set up a pin.

I just open the app - and get that dialog - so can't even do anything. This is the app I am using play.google.com/sto…app and wifi is switched off.
matwalaboy30/09/2019 09:44

I just open the app - and get that dialog - so can't even do anything. …I just open the app - and get that dialog - so can't even do anything. This is the app I am using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myvodafoneapp and wifi is switched off.

Mine is working .
Edited by: "AW0079" 30th Sep
matwalaboy30/09/2019 09:44

I just open the app - and get that dialog - so can't even do anything. …I just open the app - and get that dialog - so can't even do anything. This is the app I am using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myvodafoneapp and wifi is switched off.

That's the one. At a loss then I'm afraid
Doh - looks like corporate numbers can't even login to the app Both the numbers I have are corporate numbers. I need a personal customer number. Thanks for your help here folks, sorry for the trouble.

Anyone know if there are any good offer going on for Voda right now, primarily looking for a number to benefit from the VeryMe rewards right now?
Edited by: "matwalaboy" 30th Sep
Mines is not working. Hasn't for months. Changed sim still no luck
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants