Groups

My windowcill is leaking!

I cannot beleive this, I've been renting this shared flat for around 2 weeks now. It's started raining tonight harder and now it seems that water is leaking from the cracks at teh top of the windowcill!? This is the landlords responsibiltity right? I've called her but shes at work at the moment. It's quite alot of water and i've had to put a towel down to absorb it leaking over the wooden shelf bit and over my electricals. urghh

8 Comments

Move anything important out of the way and get more towels ready in case it rains harder. It probably only happens when the rain hits the window at a certain angle

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4544488

Move anything important out of the way and get more towels ready in case … Move anything important out of the way and get more towels ready in case it rains harder. It probably only happens when the rain hits the window at a certain angle

Got some more prepared. I hope it wont rain harder.

I don't know the legal responsibilities for private letting or what landlord has to supply (I'm sure someone will post info on this for you) but I would say that it is definitely the landlords responsibility to get this sorted, and the fact you’ve only been there two weeks, quickly. If any hassles getting it done, it will demonstrate whever or not you have a reasonable landlord. Best to find this out sooner rather than later.

is it open?

Original Poster

Matrixblade;4544556

I don't know the legal responsibilities for private letting or what … I don't know the legal responsibilities for private letting or what landlord has to supply (I'm sure someone will post info on this for you) but I would say that it is definitely the landlords responsibility to get this sorted, and the fact you’ve only been there two weeks, quickly. If any hassles getting it done, it will demonstrate whever or not you have a reasonable landlord. Best to find this out sooner rather than later.

True yeah. If I have any hassle with her about the problem then luckily i'm not in a Contract as it's an open let. I'd have to give her a months notice in advance and get my deposit refunded back to me.
    skusey;4544561

is it open?

Haha! NO LOL, :thumbsup:

if you say it damaged somethink of yours it might step up her efforts

Make sure you've got contents insurance if it's damaged your electrical stuff.

Is it only the one window? Would it be possible to cover it from the outside to prevent any further damage? It will be the landlords responsibility surely, but for the meantime I'd try and find a temporary solution.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button78
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?98
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1842
      4. word association Game73844451

See more discussions