Groups

My wonderfully talented daughter

Writes all her own music plays piano just needs that break - these are 'old' to her now she is writing all the time
    Please ler me know what you think

39 Comments

lumoruk;1843879

i think self promotion is not allowed on HotUKdeals

hes not promoting himself and hes not selling anything

She's not bad.... I like some of the songs

Original Poster

lumoruk;1843879

Thats not nice - I loved looking at the lovely photo of little Poppy on here yesterday:?, her mum was proud, well so am I!

boza;1843885

I think there's a chance octobergirl might be female! lol

Original Poster

badmanmeow;1843890

She's not bad.... I like some of the songs

Thank you:)

lumoruk;1843879

nothing wrong with supporting your kids.

Original Poster

boza;1843885

thanks boza:)

Original Poster

Train Driver;1843900

nothing wrong with supporting your kids.

Wow - all the nice people are back - thanks:)

Original Poster

chrysha;1843898

how did you guess!!!!:whistling:

chrysha;1843898

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT!!!! sorry should really look at the username before i post.:whistling:

Original Poster

bertv6;1843909

some of the songs are really good...its not self promotion...its someone … some of the songs are really good...its not self promotion...its someone being a proud mum (best feeling in the world!!!)

The best - and the most frustrating:roll:

Original Poster

boza;1843908

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT!!!! sorry should really look at the username … WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT!!!! sorry should really look at the username before i post.:whistling:

forgiven - because I like you;-)

Banned

i wish my daughter was brave enough, she has an amazing voice and wont use it, maybe when she is older

Original Poster

sassie;1843924

i wish my daughter was brave enough, she has an amazing voice and wont … i wish my daughter was brave enough, she has an amazing voice and wont use it, maybe when she is older

How old is she

Banned

octobergirl;1843939

How old is she

shes 15 this year, all through her schooling she has been pushed to use her voice, but she wont, her last year at juniour school (she was 11) she did a solo at the christmas play and although she and quite she was amazing, but refuses now to do anything like that

Original Poster

sassie;1843949

shes 15 this year, all through her schooling she has been pushed to use … shes 15 this year, all through her schooling she has been pushed to use her voice, but she wont, her last year at juniour school (she was 11) she did a sol and the christmas play and although she and quite she was amazing, but refuses now to do anything like that

thats a pity, perhaps when she gets a little older my daughter was lucky her dad was a singer and took her with him to gigs at 14, she was on stage at 15, my other daughter, complete opposite, probably like yours, great voice - terrified, oh well:)
    Just keep encouraging her telling her how good she is - tape her as well and play it back

Banned

octobergirl;1843971

thats a pity, perhaps when she gets a little older my daughter was lucky … thats a pity, perhaps when she gets a little older my daughter was lucky her dad was a singer and took her with him to gigs at 14, she was on stage at 15, my other daughter, complete opposite, probably like yours, great voice - terrified, oh well:)Just keep encouraging her telling her how good she is - tape her as well and play it back

yeah its each to their own:thumbsup: Im proud of her whatever;-)

Cool. Thanks for the links. Not exactly my normal cup of tea but it's always nice to hear some different music. That's one talented daughter you have there.

Original Poster

nightswimmer;1844023

Cool. Thanks for the links. Not exactly my normal cup of tea but it's … Cool. Thanks for the links. Not exactly my normal cup of tea but it's always nice to hear some different music. That's one talented daughter you have there.

thank you nightswimmer:roll:

octobergirl;1844064

thank you nightswimmer:roll:

Why the eye rolling? :oops:

Original Poster

nightswimmer;1844083

Why the eye rolling? :oops:

Sorry pressed the wrong one it was what I thought was a smile
    think I got it right this time, anyway thank you
    You wouldnt believe how new I am to this, but getting better since I found HDUK, learning loads all the time

octobergirl;1844505

Sorry pressed the wrong one it was what I thought was a smile :)think I … Sorry pressed the wrong one it was what I thought was a smile :)think I got it right this time, anyway thank you :)You wouldnt believe how new I am to this, but getting better since I found HDUK, learning loads all the time

Ah. *phew* I'm glad cos I was worried you'd misunderstood what I meant or something.

Very nice, and mature voice.:thumbsup:
    Reminds me of a bit of Pat Benatar/Stevie Nicks cross.

Yeah, you've got to encourage your kids..

Here's mine (guitarist).:viking:
    myspace.com/tox…ion

a bit different though...

ooh is this a compare the daughters thread by any chance? lol

Banned

sounds very good, may i suggest youtube to promote them? post a reply to a popular video that is relevant to the muic genre.

Just been listening, fantastic. Totally love it. Tell her to keep up the good work!

lumoruk;1845228

no I thought it was for trying to get her daughter noticed so she can … no I thought it was for trying to get her daughter noticed so she can reap the rewards of her daughters hard work, hence self promotion, against the board rules but hey who am I to judge :thinking:

Seems you just did.

Love After Hours and Goodnight Mr Jones, not struck so much on the Hey Joe song.

She reminds me a bit of Christine Perfect and the band overall remind me of Chicken Shack.
    Personally that's a big compliment to the band and her as Chicken Shack were a great bluesy band and I absolutely love the blues !

If they've only been together for just over a year they are doing well and all the time they are playing and singing like that I doubt they'll be short of gigs although being in Swansea isn't going to help much
    Do they have an active manager/promoter/sponsor ??

Best of luck to them, we need live music, live musicians and especially live blues !

sassie;1843924

i wish my daughter was brave enough, she has an amazing voice and wont … i wish my daughter was brave enough, she has an amazing voice and wont use it, maybe when she is older

sassie;1843949

shes 15 this year, all through her schooling she has been pushed to use … shes 15 this year, all through her schooling she has been pushed to use her voice, but she wont, her last year at juniour school (she was 11) she did a solo at the christmas play and although she and quite she was amazing, but refuses now to do anything like that

sassie;1843987

yeah its each to their own:thumbsup: Im proud of her whatever;-)

It's a precocious talent Sassie and to be honest must be one of the hardest ever things for a 15 year old girl to do. I would have thought you can either do it full stop when you're that age or it has to be nurtured.

Best thing is in the three short posts you wrote you can tell she has a mother that understands, cares and supports and no one can ask for more can they

she's amazing, but i have the guitarist is incredible!

RobM;1844678

Very nice, and mature voice.:thumbsup:Reminds me of a bit of Pat … Very nice, and mature voice.:thumbsup:Reminds me of a bit of Pat Benatar/Stevie Nicks cross.Yeah, you've got to encourage your kids..Here's mine (guitarist).:viking:http://www.myspace.com/toxxicdistortiona bit different though...

they're cool!

Haha, this made me laugh "We had to stop doing this because the neighbours sent the "noise control team" round to threaten us with ASBOS.
    We then decided to practice somewhere else and write some of our own material with our first song being called "**** the Neighbours."

Original Poster

RobM;1844678

Very nice, and mature voice.:thumbsup:Reminds me of a bit of Pat … Very nice, and mature voice.:thumbsup:Reminds me of a bit of Pat Benatar/Stevie Nicks cross.Yeah, you've got to encourage your kids..Here's mine (guitarist).:viking:http://www.myspace.com/toxxicdistortiona bit different though...

More my other daighters type of music - both so different but all music is good:)
    and talent is talent and they are certainly talented:)
    Good luck to them

Original Poster

stratomaster;1845898

she's amazing, but i have the guitarist is incredible!

Hes 15:)

Original Poster

hottoshop;1845627

Love After Hours and Goodnight Mr Jones, not struck so much on the Hey … Love After Hours and Goodnight Mr Jones, not struck so much on the Hey Joe song.She reminds me a bit of Christine Perfect and the band overall remind me of Chicken Shack.Personally that's a big compliment to the band and her as Chicken Shack were a great bluesy band and I absolutely love the blues !If they've only been together for just over a year they are doing well and all the time they are playing and singing like that I doubt they'll be short of gigs although being in Swansea isn't going to help much :)Do they have an active manager/promoter/sponsor ??Best of luck to them, we need live music, live musicians and especially live blues !

No - do you know of any - they are prepared to travel she WILL NOT do covers though
    Thank you so much and you actually listened to them all, she is writing all the time, she had 100's of songs and music

Original Poster

pinkkitty2007;1845225

Just been listening, fantastic. Totally love it. Tell her to keep up the … Just been listening, fantastic. Totally love it. Tell her to keep up the good work!

thank you for taking the time to listen

You may want to send a CD in to Talksport , they have a unsigned bands feature , not exactly Pop Idol but you never know who's listening.

Details> toxicdistortion.co.uk/uns…tml

octobergirl;1846168

No - do you know of any - they are prepared to travel she WILL NOT do … No - do you know of any - they are prepared to travel she WILL NOT do covers thoughThank you so much and you actually listened to them all, she is writing all the time, she had 100's of songs and music

Unfortunately no I don't have any contacts nowadays however their best bet is to get an energetic fan/supporter with the right knowledge to do the legwork for them if they don't have the time,
    It's just a constant battle to get and then keep their name in the spotlight. Playing live will get them their fanbase however they need to know which direction they are headed and also that lal the band members are committed.

I'm not quite sure I understand the covers thing. I assume you mean she wont do whole sets/gigs of cover versions ?
    Every band I've ever seen at some stage does a cover version and if they are working in the Blues genre then covers are even more prolific. Blues songs lend themselves to be covered because of the nature of those songs.
    A good singer, as your daughter obviously is, can make an old blues song come alive and re-invent itself.

Anyway I'm waffling. I would say success is fairly split between talent, luck and pure hard work with the emphasis on the hard work. One thing they must remember unfortunately is the cost of gigging nowadays. Fuel costs are a killer and they need pretty good business sense to avoid making losses.

Best of luck to them :thumbsup:

Original Poster

hottoshop;1849470

Unfortunately no I don't have any contacts nowadays however their best … Unfortunately no I don't have any contacts nowadays however their best bet is to get an energetic fan/supporter with the right knowledge to do the legwork for them if they don't have the time,It's just a constant battle to get and then keep their name in the spotlight. Playing live will get them their fanbase however they need to know which direction they are headed and also that lal the band members are committed.I'm not quite sure I understand the covers thing. I assume you mean she wont do whole sets/gigs of cover versions ?Every band I've ever seen at some stage does a cover version and if they are working in the Blues genre then covers are even more prolific. Blues songs lend themselves to be covered because of the nature of those songs.A good singer, as your daughter obviously is, can make an old blues song come alive and re-invent itself.You are so kind thank you for your time and information I will certainly pass it on to her, she writes so much she has had no need so far to cover anything but I do agree they would get a lot more gigs if only she would do covers, but Im just her mother, who am I for her to listen to!thanks - again:)Anyway I'm waffling. I would say success is fairly split between talent, luck and pure hard work with the emphasis on the hard work. One thing they must remember unfortunately is the cost of gigging nowadays. Fuel costs are a killer and they need pretty good business sense to avoid making losses.Best of luck to them :thumbsup:

Original Poster

RobM;1849146

You may want to send a CD in to Talksport , they have a unsigned bands … You may want to send a CD in to Talksport , they have a unsigned bands feature , not exactly Pop Idol but you never know who's listening.Details> http://www.toxicdistortion.co.uk/unsigned.html

Thank you - will certainly look into this:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc34
      2. advice needed on dumbell weight training please34
      3. Car park fine UKPC66
      4. Where is cheapest place for Fifa 18 PS4?11

See more discussions