Groups

my xbox 360 is no longer displaying a image on screen when switched on,help

Hi i have a xbox 360 elite and it no longer displays a picture when turned on,theres no wearing noise or anything like that,it was ok the other day but i did notice the image went messed up when playing a game and then when i turned it back on 2 days after this happend,theres no red rind or anything like that just no image,whats the best thing i can do?

thanks

6 Comments

Sounds like its on its way out (e74)

covered by microsoft upto 3 years warranty

fwibble;5838570

Sounds like its on its way out (e74)covered by microsoft upto 3 years … Sounds like its on its way out (e74)covered by microsoft upto 3 years warranty

+1 :thumbsup:

Just request a repair from the xbox website... Just tell them the E74 message came up on the screen and the 3 red rings come and go... that's what I did and they put in a new motherboard, got it back in about 2 weeks.

angelwithdirtyw;5838754

Just request a repair from the xbox website... Just tell them the E74 … Just request a repair from the xbox website... Just tell them the E74 message came up on the screen and the 3 red rings come and go... that's what I did and they put in a new motherboard, got it back in about 2 weeks.

+1 Agreed, implied by my post :thumbsup: register repair through xbox.com/sup…ort, or something to that effect

I had the same problem with my Xbox and Samsung TV, sometime there was no picture but i still had sound and other times it worked fine - it turned out my display settings where incorrect, I had it on 1080i and when i changed it to 720p it worked fine.

Might not be the problem but worth checking before sending back to Microsoft.

angelwithdirtyw;5838754

Just request a repair from the xbox website... Just tell them the E74 … Just request a repair from the xbox website... Just tell them the E74 message came up on the screen and the 3 red rings come and go... that's what I did and they put in a new motherboard, got it back in about 2 weeks.

yes do this, done this many times.. they just replace the board nowadays..

best to phone and book it so that the "intermittant-ness" can be put in the notes..

:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767288
      2. word association Game73944492
      3. What would be HELL to you?1517
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047119

See more discussions