Groups

My Xbox Died - 3 RRoD

Just needed a place to grieve.

42 Comments

Original Poster

:-( :-(

I have a good fix for this.

Get a PS3

I feel your pain, luckily I've only ever had 1 die on me about 2 years ago. Hope it's sorted soon :thumbsup:

stevey_p7;4672347

I have a good fix for this. Get a PS3

I actually agree with this, they don't get played as often so there's little chance of them overheating :-D

I'll take it off your hands....

Original Poster

natversion1;4672360

I actually agree with this, they don't get played as often so there's … I actually agree with this, they don't get played as often so there's little chance of them overheating :-D

Haha! Rep for making me laugh!

My xbox just died about 5mins ago :-(

TREY 4 LIFE! lol

Send it to MS and get it sorted. STAT!

Original Poster

DragonChris;4672417

Send it to MS and get it sorted. STAT!

Will have to do that.

Luckily, I just bought an Elite last week so I still have something to play with.

Although the one that got RRoD was flashed!

stevey_p7;4672347

I crumbled after Xmas and got a PS3 to go with my 360. After watching my three blu rays and getting bored of Drake's Fortune I've barely touched it in weeks.

Still looks nice though. :roll:

If is flashed, then you won't be able to send back to MS.

Toybhoy;4672527

Will have to do that.Luckily, I just bought an Elite last week so I still … Will have to do that.Luckily, I just bought an Elite last week so I still have something to play with.Although the one that got RRoD was flashed!

Silly boy

jonny2k1;4672605

They might not check if the seals intact.

I feel your pain - I've lost more 360's than pets in my lifetime... each one holds a special place in my heart!

jonny2k1;4672605

My Cousins was Flashed, Banned, Dodgy Laser, RROD and cracked on the side. Came back all working, unbanned and no cracks.

I am guessing some slip through :thumbsup:

1 of mine has just been received in Germany, hopefully have it back fixed soon.

Ungreat;4672553

I crumbled after Xmas and got a PS3 to go with my 360. After watching my … I crumbled after Xmas and got a PS3 to go with my 360. After watching my three blu rays and getting bored of Drake's Fortune I've barely touched it in weeks.Still looks nice though. :roll:

interested in selling Drake ?

Original Poster

LFC Muppet;4672819

My Cousins was Flashed, Banned, Dodgy Laser, RROD and cracked on the … My Cousins was Flashed, Banned, Dodgy Laser, RROD and cracked on the side. Came back all working, unbanned and no cracks.I am guessing some slip through :thumbsup:1 of mine has just been received in Germany, hopefully have it back fixed soon.

Hehe! I guess I'll chance my luck. Nothing to lose and if it doesnt work, i'll buy a new Arcade. Xbox's are too cheap nowadays!

Im sat next to my mate who has just discovered the same feeling
    Obviously you have no life if your that depressed by it!
    Says me....one of the best CoD4 Players

I give you a manly pat on the shoulder to comfort you with your loss. :-(

Toybhoy;4672844

Hehe! I guess I'll chance my luck. Nothing to lose and if it doesnt … Hehe! I guess I'll chance my luck. Nothing to lose and if it doesnt work, i'll buy a new Arcade. Xbox's are too cheap nowadays!

If it is not banned then do all the repair stuff online service.xbox.com/ser…-gb

natversion1;4672352

I feel your pain, luckily I've only ever had 1 die on me about 2 years … I feel your pain, luckily I've only ever had 1 die on me about 2 years ago. Hope it's sorted soon :thumbsup:

I fail to see how a dead console can be considered lucky? Has M$ got us all so well conditioned that we praise the gods when only one console goes tits up? I mean how many other products would make you consider yourself lucky that it has died due to a serious design flaw?

I feel your pain... My elite died in Jan... I grieved for a week and a half until DHL delivered it back to me in near perfect condition!

megalomaniac;4672974

I fail to see how a dead console can be considered lucky? Has M$ got us … I fail to see how a dead console can be considered lucky? Has M$ got us all so well conditioned that we praise the gods when only one console goes tits up? I mean how many other products would make you consider yourself lucky that it has died due to a serious design flaw?

I'm sorry but MS picked mine up and had a new one within 5 days 2 of those days covered a weekend with a 3 month xbox live trial and an apology all it cost me was the price of phone call so I don't see the point of bitchin at MS for that

natversion1;4673247

I'm sorry but MS picked mine up and had a new one within 5 days 2 of … I'm sorry but MS picked mine up and had a new one within 5 days 2 of those days covered a weekend with a 3 month xbox live trial and an apology all it cost me was the price of phone call so I don't see the point of bitchin at MS for that

I did mine over the internet... couldn't be bothered phoning lol
    They picked my Xbox up from my work and delivered it back, they gave us a free months gold membership as an appoligy! :thumbsup:

oh balls this fills me with even more dread, was playing fear 2 into the wee small hours last night and mine froze up, just like the last one did before it rrod. I'm dreading switching my baby on incase it goes the same way.

I feel for you.

oh and fear 2 is one of the best games I've played in a long while, fecking freaky though.

natversion1;4673247

I'm sorry but MS picked mine up and had a new one within 5 days 2 of … I'm sorry but MS picked mine up and had a new one within 5 days 2 of those days covered a weekend with a 3 month xbox live trial and an apology all it cost me was the price of phone call so I don't see the point of bitchin at MS for that

Credit to them that they are taking care of their mistake, eventually. But that wasn't my point, do you really consider yourself lucky for only having one go?

Just think about that for a second.....with that one little statement you not only accept the inevitability of the issue but also dismiss it as normal at the same time. I've seen reports ranging from 16% to over 30% failure rates for 360's, that's well above the 3% to 5% usually expected in the industry. This is a serious design flaw that they are only just now getting to grips with (Jasper anyone...). So are you really lucky?

Whatever way you cut it we shouldn't have this constant fear of RROD nagging in the back of our minds everytime we switch the things on. Should we?

Jacob_Kreed;4672829

interested in selling Drake ?

Already gone.

Traded it towards getting Fallout 3 on the 360.

megalomaniac;4673768

Credit to them that they are taking care of their mistake, eventually. … Credit to them that they are taking care of their mistake, eventually. But that wasn't my point, do you really consider yourself lucky for only having one go?Just think about that for a second.....with that one little statement you not only accept the inevitability of the issue but also dismiss it as normal at the same time. I've seen reports ranging from 16% to over 30% failure rates for 360's, that's well above the 3% to 5% usually expected in the industry. This is a serious design flaw that they are only just now getting to grips with (Jasper anyone...). So are you really lucky?Whatever way you cut it we shouldn't have this constant fear of RROD nagging in the back of our minds everytime we switch the things on. Should we?

However the flaw has been recognised and they're accepting responsibility, and fixing it accordingly leaving most rather satisfied. It may be a serious design flaw, but it has been done and I imagine they're working on it - The Jasper being an improvement apparently.

As long as they have accepted their mistake and are willing to sort it, then good for us.

My benq 360 RRoD'd sometime last year, it was flashed and i was expecting it to come back with it been fixed, but the drive changed to a benq.

When I got it back, it had the same drive in it, and it was still flashed with the 1.4 firmware, I haven't updated it yet, will do at some point just cba atm

DragonChris;4674848

However the flaw has been recognised and they're accepting … However the flaw has been recognised and they're accepting responsibility, and fixing it accordingly leaving most rather satisfied. It may be a serious design flaw, but it has been done and I imagine they're working on it - The Jasper being an improvement apparently.As long as they have accepted their mistake and are willing to sort it, then good for us.

You xbox fanboys eh? How can you even begin to defend the RROD is beyond any rationale, If I told you that any other electrical item you had would pack up at least once in it's lifetime and require sending back the manufacturers for repair - you'd run a mile!

That 5 day (including a weekend) turnaround must be some sort of record, they're repaired in Germany so it must have been transported by Harrier Jump Jet.

To compensate they'll give you a month xbox live card? Gee whizz...

When this generation of consoles is long gone their bad points will be remembered as such :

xbox360 - Massive failure rate
    Wii - Distinct lack of actual games
    PS3 - Way too expensive launch price

Flodd;4674976

When this generation of consoles is long gone their bad points will be … When this generation of consoles is long gone their bad points will be remembered as such :xbox360 - Massive failure rateWii - Distinct lack of actual gamesPS3 - Way too expensive launch price

Solution = Buy a SNES and a PS2, problem solved :thumbsup:

Mike..

DragonChris;4674848

However the flaw has been recognised and they're accepting … However the flaw has been recognised and they're accepting responsibility, and fixing it accordingly leaving most rather satisfied. It may be a serious design flaw, but it has been done and I imagine they're working on it - The Jasper being an improvement apparently.As long as they have accepted their mistake and are willing to sort it, then good for us.

You read what I said right? Seems as though you just reiterated part of it and added that the situation is to your satisfaction :whistling:.

The 360 came out in 2005, it's 4 years old this year meaning at some point in the near future Microsoft are going to start saying "tough ****" for early adopters. Not forgetting they have only just started using a chipset that, by even the most optimistic accounts should fix the RROD issue and this is "good for us"? If you take the lesser 16% failure rate and the sales figures on Wikipedia, then it's pretty easy to work out that over a million more 360's have died worldwide than have actually been sold in the UK, and we are the 3rd biggest market for it! How can that be even remotely acceptable, let alone "good for us"?

Oh, and just so I'm not accused of being a Sony fanboy here (which I fully expect to be someone's response): the only current gen console I own is a 360 Elite, and I had an original Xbox and would have taken it over the PS2 any day of the week. I mean with games like Jade Empire, KOTOR and Halo there really was no contest for my money.

stevey_p7;4672347

That's like getting rid of a fighter jet to replace it with a paper aeroplane. Why downgrade? Buy the new elites instead. Better console, better online experience and better games than PS3. Also, the new elites have reportedly been "cured" of the RROD problem.

Banned

natversion1;4672360

I actually agree with this, they don't get played as often so there's … I actually agree with this, they don't get played as often so there's little chance of them overheating :-D

haha :-D

MikeBeaver;4675035

Solution = Buy a SNES and a PS2, problem solved :thumbsup:Mike..

That's the spirit!

Did I tell you... I was in Toys R Us last week keeping out of the cold and saw a brand new sealed turquoise N64 with Super Mario... £15.

It's in the loft as we speak!

My 360 elite has a graphics problem which started about 3 weeks ago i think.
    No RROD, sound is fine but colours go funny in the game.
    Have read it has happened to a few 360s after an update
    Not sure if i want repair it or just buy a new elite.
    MS customer service for me has been rubbish, want £75 to repair but will have another
    year warranty,oh Hurrah, for a console that is hardly played.
    My PS3 stopped reading discs & it was collected & replaced the following day.
    PS3 customer service was excellent.
    Again i am no Fanboy its what i have experienced.

i have a warrenty with game i apid for when i got my xbox...

all i do is take it with the console only.....they look and go change it....

its valid until july...

does anyone know if it will work in any store or just the one i bought the xbox from?

: - they dont check the xbox or anything either...

well powered my baby up and no rrod so far after it freezing last night fingers crossed.

and as we're now talking in more general terms, for me one of the best consoles ever was the dreamcast and it was just a pity it was way ahead of its time.

Oh for reliability though my megadrive is still going strong even after having nail varnish remover spilled over it and the earphone socket still works. I'd love one of them on my 360.

yeh i must say sony customer service for consoles is brilliant.

tazandsaz;4675366

i have a warrenty with game i apid for when i got my xbox...all i do is … i have a warrenty with game i apid for when i got my xbox...all i do is take it with the console only.....they look and go change it....its valid until july...does anyone know if it will work in any store or just the one i bought the xbox from?: - they dont check the xbox or anything either...

anyone know?

tazandsaz;4676203

anyone know?

Should be any store, bit like refunds.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!88
      2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…44
      3. Spotify Family Premium share59
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767221

See more discussions