Groups

My Xbox Elite thread

I posted an xbox elite deal on yday, got deleted and someone put spam on it.
    Now to be fair it was posted before but two months ago.
    And others gave heat and commented and repped, so it couldn't of been that bad :@

So could i have some explanation?

17 Comments

xobox, are they new?

Original Poster

It was an offer from shop to

Maybe,the cost of them have gone down by a fair bit elsewhere and elsewhere been offering good deals so this time round migth not been so good,Didn't see deal and I don't really follow the price of 360's much anyway.

It was probably deleted as a dupe.

There is no set time as to what counts as a duplcate post so it all comes down to the discretion of the Mod(s) who happens to be on at the time.

Original Poster

nightswimmer;2133183

It was probably deleted as a dupe.There is no set time as to what counts … It was probably deleted as a dupe.There is no set time as to what counts as a duplcate post so it all comes down to the discretion of the Mod(s) who happens to be on at the time.

Oh ok thanks for that...

It was spammed by members as the duplicate had been pointed out in the thread, as you knew.

but then the previous post was over 2months ago, thus why i added heat as its nice to have a reminder after that kind of period of time.

plenty of post's which are duplicated get left, why was this one singled out?

All this would go away if it was possible to reheat a deal after a certain period of time (so it can be reposted on the main page), as the only reason really to repost is to get a deal back on to the main page. Ah well.

souljacker;2134863

plenty of post's which are duplicated get left, why was this one singled … plenty of post's which are duplicated get left, why was this one singled out?

I'm guessing that it's because the original ShopTo thread was very popular (it was at the time when MS dropped the price of the 360 and was the best deal going), so lots of people knew it was a dupe.

souljacker;2134863

plenty of post's which are duplicated get left, why was this one singled … plenty of post's which are duplicated get left, why was this one singled out?

It wasn't singled out. Do you know how many dupes we remove in a day? Loads.

emmajk42;2134895

It wasn't singled out. Do you know how many dupes we remove in a day? … It wasn't singled out. Do you know how many dupes we remove in a day? Loads.

Loads - Real mastery over the exact figures there Emma.

MoneySavingG;2134957

Loads - Real mastery over the exact figures there Emma.

I'm not going to count them again. I did it about 6 months ago, I counted a 24 hour period and about 33% of all deals posted were spammed. We're even busier now.

would you like to get a lil busier emma ;-)

LOL is ace still looking for a girlfriend :w00t:

well i like a girl with a lil bit of power...

Original Poster

Oh well you don't post you don't know.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31137
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846166
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764206
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44

See more discussions