Groups

MyFavouriteMagazine subscription help?!

Hey everyone

Okay so I'm slightly confused about this and hope someone can shed some light on the matter!

Basically a couple of weeks ago I purchased a 6 month subscription from MyFavouriteMagazine for the Official Playstation Magazine (It came with a free £20 PSN card if this is relevant in any way?) However I was just reading through the terms and conditions now (I know, I know! Should have done this before...) and it says the minimum amount of time for a subscription is 12 months?! Whereas I only purchased what I believed was 6 months...

So my question is am I now tied into a 12 month subscription with them, where they will debit me AGAIN in 6 months time (when I only agreed to the first 6 months to begin with) or can I still just cancel the direct debit near the end of the first 6 months?

Please someone help me out here! I'm so confused atm

Thanks for any replies!

4 Comments

6 Monthly Direct Debit + Wrappz voucher & Save 28%
    £27.99
    Gift Info
    Buy Now

if it said 6 monthly or direct debit then it wouldnt be a one off payment and the 12 month minimum is correct. You could cancel it but you are still liable to pay, whether they take you to court and debt collectors in im not sure

should say on the website somewhere

i've used different subscription websites for similar offer and they have direct debit guarantees which basically say that you can cancel the direct debit whenever you want, although they would rather you did a 12 month term.
    so if the site you used has something similar (probably does!) then you'll be fine cancelling before they take the second lot

They can ask for the value of the free gift back in full

Original Poster

tommay

should say on the website somewherei've used different subscription … should say on the website somewherei've used different subscription websites for similar offer and they have direct debit guarantees which basically say that you can cancel the direct debit whenever you want, although they would rather you did a 12 month term. so if the site you used has something similar (probably does!) then you'll be fine cancelling before they take the second lot

Ah that makes a bit more sense, thanks!
    I just don't understand how they can offer a 6 month subscription, then say 12 month is their minimum? Seems really dodgy. Apparently I can also cancel within the first 60 days of purchasing (but I get billed for any delivered magazines etc etc)
    Really just wanted to know where I stand on this, whether I'm suddenly tied into 12 months of this or whether I can just ring them up and say that I don't want another 6 months etc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826348
      2. Royal Mil track and trace77
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814465
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553766

See more discussions