Myhermes damaged parcel.

Found 16th Feb
Gutted sent a retro donkey Kong handheld game via myhermes and the guys received it today and the LCD screens cracked

I've insured it for £100 but what are the chances they'll pay out? Had a quick look on there prohibited list and can't see anything on there.

Prohibited list
2895241-vvdht.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
31 Comments
They say screens they will class it as that had problems in the past, there 10 categories for a no actually covers 99% of things sold most often
Bugger don't know why I bothered to pay insurance.Im more annoyed that the package I sent it in appears mint still no marks nothing
MyHermes are beyond terrible, after an unbelievably large number of failed deliveries I wont shop anywhere that uses them.

I genuinely have no idea how they are still in business.

Complain and complain until you get compensation, how much is it worth? Awesome looking handheld shame they decided to ruin it.
And you're 100% sure that was actually the DK you sent? Just putting that out there.......
Shengis3 m ago

And you're 100% sure that was actually the DK you sent? Just putting that …And you're 100% sure that was actually the DK you sent? Just putting that out there.......

Good point, ask for a photo of the back and confirm the number on the sticker with the photos on your ebay listing.

Obviously they could swap stickers with a broken one they already had but you'll be able to see if the sticker is in the exact same place, as they aren't exactly stuck on perfectly each time.
dataload2 h, 9 m ago

MyHermes are beyond terrible, after an unbelievably large number of failed …MyHermes are beyond terrible, after an unbelievably large number of failed deliveries I wont shop anywhere that uses them.I genuinely have no idea how they are still in business.Complain and complain until you get compensation, how much is it worth? Awesome looking handheld shame they decided to ruin it.

It's worth over £100 pounds more annoyed as I've had it since I was a kid,thought it would be fine to send and insured it at £100 but I don't think there's any chance they'd refund me.

Will they class it as a monitor ?

Numbers match on the handheld game and the buyer seems genuinely upset that it's broken as it's rare.

Don't suppose there's much chance of repairing it either
Edited by: "bettz1" 16th Feb
As the packaging appears undamaged I would wonder if the buyer accidentally dropped it and is trying it on. Just a thought.
nannafish1 m ago

As the packaging appears undamaged I would wonder if the buyer …As the packaging appears undamaged I would wonder if the buyer accidentally dropped it and is trying it on. Just a thought.

I did think that but I can't prove anything,and I know eBay and PayPal will side with the buyer
Creatishh16th Feb

They say screens they will class it as that had problems in the past, …They say screens they will class it as that had problems in the past, there 10 categories for a no actually covers 99% of things sold most often

You make no sense whatsoever
chocci17 m ago

You make no sense whatsoever

Translates to -

"Myhermes exclude screens, they will class it as that even though it clearly isn't a "TV or monitor". I have had problems in the past with the courier wriggling out of paying compensation. There are 10 or so categories which state they are excluded from compensation, however these actually cover 99% of things, and in most cases those that sellers sell most often."

I can't speak for myself about that, I know they used to exclude consoles but they don't anymore so really the claim should be accepted.

Ask for the buyer to return the unit to you, once accepted as your original console then refund the buyer and fight Myhermes for the £100.
Must have taken some force to break that unless it was fragile due to age?. No idea if it degrades with age?. I guess if they were playing catch the shock could have caused it if no damage to packaging. Most likely dodgy buyer but can't prove otherwise. When leaving feedback state courier damaged item, refunded. That way if they do it again to someone else they might see the feedback etc. After they have left your feedback that is. Anyway hope insurance pays out good luck.
hmm I doubt they will pay out but you never, they will ask for the ebay number to check to see what it was. To me I doubt that has been damaged in the post unless you didnt pack it in its box and left it open as the damage looks like an indentation just below the E. Considering the console is packed in polystyrene and then an outer sleeve box and then I assume good packing no way will that get damaged with out the outer plastic and box getting damaged too and if its an indentation why isnt the other screen damaged too? Something very fishy here just a shame you didnt use void stickers.
I use hermes a lot, more than RM but something like this no way would I use hermes but thats too late now to worry about, you need to worry about the outcome. Problem here is he doesnt have to prove anything more than a photo showing some kind of damage just as long as he says its damaged and thats it. At first it looked like a battery had got in between the the lid and base but the bottom screen would be damaged too. By the way what was the packing like, did you put it in a big box or just a padded envelope? With hermes I always treat every parcel as if the contents where glass.

Also what did the buyer actually say in his email about the damage, also ask for a photo of the top of the console with the lid shut, the base and the top and bottom of the box, ask him to send them to your email address as well as via messages so you can blow them up better. Tell them hermes want to see the photos.
Edited by: "caverncity" 16th Feb
Nag them on their facebook page, they will get back to you. NEVER use them again, worst delivery service out there. Its worth paying a little bit more for a decent service
Here's a few pics.

The buyer sent me a load of pictures tbh.

The console was inside it's box with polystyrene then wrapped in bubble wrap which then went inside a padded bubble wrap envelope.Looking back I knew I should have boxed it but never had anything like this happen before.

Buyer just emailed saying he'd received and the LCD is cracked.Then mentioned how he thought it was myhermes fault, I mentioned the packaging had no marks on it or the label indicating it hadn't been crushed and was a bit strange.

The marks on the top of the case was there before

I listed on the description on myhermes as it being a comp game.

33272126-pudht.jpg
33272126-GLvTB.jpg33272126-0geLp.jpg33272126-qSxUb.jpg
Edited by: "bettz1" 16th Feb
Is there at all the possibility that they had buyers remorse and so damaged it to get a refund? I know that's rather drastic but some people do stupid things.
i fail to see how the screen cracked without any indication of damage to the box. Apart from the ribbon connector they were quite robust toys, I had one as a kid and friends would play with it and not take particular care with it but I never had any damage.
bettz112 m ago

Here's a few pics.The buyer sent me a load of pictures tbh.The console was …Here's a few pics.The buyer sent me a load of pictures tbh.The console was inside it's box with polystyrene then wrapped in bubble wrap which then went inside a padded bubble wrap envelope.Looking back I knew I should have boxed it but never had anything like this happen before.Buyer just emailed saying he'd received and the LCD is cracked.Then mentioned how he thought it was myhermes fault, I mentioned the packaging had no marks on it or the label indicating it hadn't been crushed and was a bit strange.The marks on the top of the case was there before I listed on the description on myhermes as it being a comp game.[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

Looking at that the top screen isn't protected by the polystyrene so unless you had about 3 inches thick of bubble wrap too then damage like that is always possible.

Someone either stood on it or threw something heavy on it.
Btw, you might want to edit the pictures showing the buyers address.
It had bubble wrapped around twice and then put inside a bubble wrap envelope.Its just strange how the label has no damage marks or the outer packaging but it's pointless trying to fight it with eBay as they'll always side with the buyer.

I'll give myhermes a call later but I don't hold out much hope
bettz18 m ago

It had bubble wrapped around twice and then put inside a bubble wrap …It had bubble wrapped around twice and then put inside a bubble wrap envelope.Its just strange how the label has no damage marks or the outer packaging but it's pointless trying to fight it with eBay as they'll always side with the buyer.I'll give myhermes a call later but I don't hold out much hope

The centre of the envelope would spring back, that's why I say something heavy put pressure on the middle, enough to crack the screen but not rip the packaging. Not exactly difficult to do.

Or the buyer has opened the unit and swapped out his damaged screen for your good one, but you'll never prove it. I use tamper proof stickers over critical screw holes for that very reason.
Shengis4 h, 47 m ago

And you're 100% sure that was actually the DK you sent? Just putting that …And you're 100% sure that was actually the DK you sent? Just putting that out there.......

Yip, my first thought too, the old switcheroo.
Could always send the console to your friends house with a reputable shipper then claim
you will have to fold on this one and refund but not straightaway, see what hermes says first but either way a refund is inevitable.
If he is telling the truth it could just be pressure thats caused the damage but it does look like something has wacked it? If you look at how hermes drivers jam parcels in their little hatch backs you would see how pressure could cause this and not leave any marks on the packing. Search google for "hermes jamming parcels in cars" and you will see and its The S*n paper hence why I wont link to it.
also check the screws are in exact same line as your original photos, I have checked on your ebay photo and they do look the same even though a little blurred you can check better. I havent checked the base as no photo to compare. Can the screen lid be replaced by just opening the bottom, if so ask for a photo of the base too
I recently sold a laptop and sent via myhermes
I know the guy was scamming me from his messages and pictures
Same thing , no damaged to packaging and screen smashed
He opened a dispute with PayPal and won of course , I took screen shots of dispute and buyer being refunded
My Hermes refunded my claim in full , no quibbles
You need him to take a video of the damage and turning the item over to show seriel numbers etc
Good luck
Edited by: "Bradleigh" 16th Feb
They refunded a smashed laptop screen?

Sounds bad but he's mentioned saying he hasn't received it as the signature is basically a scribble and he's happy to help.or do I go with the smashed screen
bettz117 m ago

They refunded a smashed laptop screen?Sounds bad but he's mentioned saying …They refunded a smashed laptop screen?Sounds bad but he's mentioned saying he hasn't received it as the signature is basically a scribble and he's happy to help.or do I go with the smashed screen..

The scanners have gps
bettz12 h, 5 m ago

They refunded a smashed laptop screen?Sounds bad but he's mentioned saying …They refunded a smashed laptop screen?Sounds bad but he's mentioned saying he hasn't received it as the signature is basically a scribble and he's happy to help.or do I go with the smashed screen..

Sounds like the buyer is a scammer to me. Why else would he encourage you to commit fraud
I would suggest asking the buyer to return the goods and you will pay a full refund.

If the buyer queries, say you are dealing with Hermes and making a claim, but need the console and packaging to be able to make a claim.

Once buyer returns......verify serial number on box matches console serial number..

The Nintendo box will have the serial number on it...if it matches console serial number then BOOOOM Hermes fooked your console...if it doesn't... SCAMMER and he has swapped your console with his damaged console.

Personally ...i think scammer as i cant see how the screen would get damaged during transit based on how you have said it was packaged.
derekduggan2 h, 9 m ago

I would suggest asking the buyer to return the goods and you will pay a …I would suggest asking the buyer to return the goods and you will pay a full refund. If the buyer queries, say you are dealing with Hermes and making a claim, but need the console and packaging to be able to make a claim.Once buyer returns......verify serial number on box matches console serial number.. The Nintendo box will have the serial number on it...if it matches console serial number then BOOOOM Hermes fooked your console...if it doesn't... SCAMMER and he has swapped your console with his damaged console.Personally ...i think scammer as i cant see how the screen would get damaged during transit based on how you have said it was packaged.

Checked the serials match with the box.

Also I'd have to pay return postage on an item that's now useless.

Already refunded the buyer as there's not much point arguing with eBay.

Only hope is myhermes
bettz18 h, 12 m ago

Checked the serials match with the box.Also I'd have to pay return postage …Checked the serials match with the box.Also I'd have to pay return postage on an item that's now useless.Already refunded the buyer as there's not much point arguing with eBay.Only hope is myhermes

Everything has a value, well most do as does the console even with a damaged screen, you missed out there again. You shouldnt have refunded straight away and should have asked for it back. The buyer could get about £20-£30 just for the empty box and manuals and another £20-£30 for the console as it is. get it back even if it costs a couple of quid.

ebay.co.uk/itm…gY1
Edited by: "caverncity" 17th Feb
Well spoke to live chat and they weren't interested as the packaging shows no sign of damage!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants