Myhermes or Collect+

Found 8th Jul 2012
I'm looking to send a small parcel and the 2 couriers which were similarly priced were Myhermes and Collect+.

I just wondered which one people prefer
Community Updates
21 Comments
Collect + for me for what little problems that occur 1 in 10 parcels, customer service has been better, and myhermes have a bad track record for throwing parcels about so I've heard.
myhermes, drop it off at a shop though
find it gets there in 2-3 days and i havent had a parcel lost yet
Collect+ 100% they are cheaper an provde a great service never had a problem with them!
myhermes is my fav - collect+ is okay but some of the stores are a little unhelpful (poor customer services also)
ARNOLD115

myhermes is my fav - collect+ is okay but some of the stores are a little … myhermes is my fav - collect+ is okay but some of the stores are a little unhelpful (poor customer services also)

I like our local shops service as we are in there daily anyway. I did have reason to contact collect+ due to a tracking problem and they responded quickly and helpfully.
Collect + is terrible.
Do you think the service will be any better with Myhermes if I choose the signature option?
I send with myhermes quite regularly and have never had a problem.
Did have a parcel delivered via collect + to my 'nearest' store (which I had to rope my mother in law to collect for me as it was too far away for me to get to) and had nothing but problems! Completely useless and I refuse to have to go through all that again!
sanjay66

Collect+ 100% they are cheaper an provde a great service never had a … Collect+ 100% they are cheaper an provde a great service never had a problem with them!

You have been very lucky. They are seriously hopeless in everyway...

Either that or you work for them, member for 31 minutes... hmmm (_;)
Edited by: "jonny619447" 8th Jul 2012
jonny619447

Collect + is terrible.

Id have to disagree here. Used over 20 times and NOT 1 problem. Convient dropping off at local shop instead of waiting in for courier who 9/10 times DONT turn up
atppkr

Id have to disagree here. Used over 20 times and NOT 1 problem. … Id have to disagree here. Used over 20 times and NOT 1 problem. Convient dropping off at local shop instead of waiting in for courier who 9/10 times DONT turn up

Ok the 1st time I used them, and adam2050 can testify to this, because it was a fs/ft sale which I bought off him. They took about 2 weeks to deliver something to the shop.

The second time, I sold a new boxset on Ebay. its a long story. after about 2 weeks of them not knowing where the hell it had been sent to, I had it returned to me, when I opened the box they had reboxed it in the boxset had coffee stains on it, one of the dvds had been opened and watched! I know this because collect+ admitted the shop thought it was for them! I was absolutely fuming. After threatening to take them to court unless I had all my expenses repaid I got a cheque about a week later for all my postage costs and the price + postage that I sold it for on Ebay.

If the two times you used them, this happened to you, then you would probably think the same as me.
jonny619447

Ok the 1st time I used them, and adam2050 can testify to this, because it … Ok the 1st time I used them, and adam2050 can testify to this, because it was a fs/ft sale which I bought off him. They took about 2 weeks to deliver something to the shop. The second time, I sold a new boxset on Ebay. its a long story. after about 2 weeks of them not knowing where the hell it had been sent to, I had it returned to me, when I opened the box they had reboxed it in the boxset had coffee stains on it, one of the dvds had been opened and watched! I know this because collect+ admitted the shop thought it was for them! I was absolutely fuming. After threatening to take them to court unless I had all my expenses repaid I got a cheque about a week later for all my postage costs and the price + postage that I sold it for on Ebay.If the two times you used them, this happened to you, then you would probably think the same as me.

Good customer service with both.

But can say yours in one of two I have had problems with sent over 30 parcels with them now. (both were tracking issues)

The second one you had seems a random one. Maybe done to labeling, or the shop being cheeky fetchers.

But at least they sorted it for you and refunded you in full.
Collect+ slightly cheaper through the weight bands, plus more likely to get a sig (hermes charge a £1 for a sig) and not dumped over a fence as standard, better insurance level at £50 (hermes is a shocking £20!?). The hermes chap will take your parcel back to their own house overnight and pass it on to a lorry the next morning (unless the courier works from a sub) whereas collect+ will collect everyday if you drop if off early.
Only problem is, collect+ (yodel) have gone very down hill, in terms of delivery times. My parcels leave my local depot, then about 3-4days later it will turn up at another depot. One deliver took 7 days to travel 150 miles away.
I've used both services extensively and I find both are very competitively priced but slow to deliver.

Personally I've never had any problems with MyHermes. I once made an enquiry with Collect+ about how I re-arrange re-delivery and ended up getting my next package sent free of charge!

My advice would be to use MyHermes to send lightweight items with £20 or less value and Collect+ to send items £20+ value. Obviously Collect+ is only of use if you have a Collect+ shop closeby.
Edited by: "flyingflea" 8th Jul 2012
Myhermes is great
Sent over 50 things this year and not a problem
I have never sent anything with herms but have had lots delivered by them and not any problems. First time i used collect + i had issues as the item i sent was stuck in the warehouse not going anywhere for a week and customer service just kept saying they would look into it. Thankfully it arrived although two weeks late, but because of that i refuse to use them again, especially for returns as certain companies use them.

Worst part was it was only going to the next city so not exactly half way across the uk, would have been quicker to walk there and back.
Edited by: "littlepinkstarz" 8th Jul 2012
Why do I keep seeing "Myherpes" in the title?!
ei8hty5ive

Why do I keep seeing "Myherpes" in the title?!

I'd go the doctor for that.
flyingflea, do u send parcels bigger than the 50x30x30 limit on collect+, and also do u send stuff via hermes that might be slightly too heavy for its band? Hehe
splatsplatsplat

flyingflea, do u send parcels bigger than the 50x30x30 limit on collect+, … flyingflea, do u send parcels bigger than the 50x30x30 limit on collect+, and also do u send stuff via hermes that might be slightly too heavy for its band? Hehe

No I keep within their size and weight limits (although if it's only a 1 cm or 100 grams they don't mind)

For very large or heavy items I usually use HDN / Yodel via Parcel2go as that allows up to 25kg for £6.50 + VAT for 48 hour service, a bargain in my eyes!
my hermes used many times without issue,used collect + 3 times,had problems 3 times,CS is a disgrace
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants