Expired

MyHermes - Out for Delivery

Found 15th Jan 2013
My parcel has been out for delivery since:

14/01/2013

05:57

Out For Delivery

---

Hope the driver is OK & not stuck in a 36 hour traffic jam ! ..... If he is though, he can look forward to seeing my displeasure - He's been holding my parcel since last Friday at his house without attempting once to deliver.

EDIT:

Have you had similar experiences or is my experience unusual ?

25 Comments

Banned

Or......you could have phoned them at some point yesterday to see if it was going to arrive, just an idea......

Original Poster

dbhoy

Or......you could have phoned them at some point yesterday to see if it … Or......you could have phoned them at some point yesterday to see if it was going to arrive, just an idea......

There is no phone number for the courier & MyHermes will not deal with it until after 7 working days

allow 7 working days from the date of collection before querying a … allow 7 working days from the date of collection before querying a delivery.

And the tracking clearly shows they should have / were going to deliever - "Out for delivery" .... If that is not what they mean, they should state that is not what they mean.
Edited by: "Firefly1" 15th Jan 2013

Banned

dbhoy

Or......you could have phoned them at some point yesterday to see if it … Or......you could have phoned them at some point yesterday to see if it was going to arrive, just an idea......

allow 7 working days from the date of collection before querying a … allow 7 working days from the date of collection before querying a delivery.

0871 246 1583

Original Poster

dbhoy

0871 246 1583

10p a minute ... for a few hours no doubt on hold where they will say "Sorry - you will have to wait 7 working days before querying"
Going by this company so far, I will need a translator to understand the person on the other end as well

If the tracking is not accurate, they should not supply tracking.

Banned

0800 174 904

Banned

Firefly1

10p a minute ... for a few hours no doubt on hold where they will say … 10p a minute ... for a few hours no doubt on hold where they will say "Sorry - you will have to wait 7 working days before querying"

You said there was no number, I've provided 2, what do you want, me to deliver it for you!?!!?
Edited by: "dbhoy" 15th Jan 2013

Original Poster

dbhoy

You said there was no number, I've provided 2, what do you want, me to … You said there was no number, I've provided 2, what do you want, me to dleliver ift for you!?!!?v

No.... I want accurate tracking.
I am not wasting my time (hours!) tracking a parcel that i PAID for .... You seem to be missing the point - their SERVICE should do this for me ACCURATELY.

Banned

Firefly1

No.... I want accurate tracking.I am not wasting my time (hours!) … No.... I want accurate tracking.I am not wasting my time (hours!) tracking a parcel that i PAID for .... You seem to be missing the point - their SERVICE should do this for me ACCURATELY.

Whatever you think yourself, you're moaning about a parcel not being delivered, then given options to try to find out why it's not yet been delivered, good luck sitting watching out a window........

Original Poster

dbhoy

Whatever you think yourself, you're moaning about a parcel not being … Whatever you think yourself, you're moaning about a parcel not being delivered, then given options to try to find out why it's not yet been delivered, good luck sitting watching out a window........

I am moaning about a parcel not being delivered
I have no intentions to sit watching out a window since they have to attempt 3 deliverys and only get paid for the 1st one according to my research on the internet ... he can waste his time coming back with a 2nd delivery attempt if I am not in

I'm not in a rush for this parcel but it is the principle of paying for a service that is terrible. I will not being using them again & I suggest others do the same - especically if you need your parcel within the advertised times.

try:
hedges, bins, garages, piles of dog sh** itl be there somewhere

Firefly1

No.... I want accurate tracking.I am not wasting my time (hours!) … No.... I want accurate tracking.I am not wasting my time (hours!) tracking a parcel that i PAID for .... You seem to be missing the point - their SERVICE should do this for me ACCURATELY.

..............and you seem to be missing your manners - a poster on here has found you two telephone numbers to try and help you and you dont even have the common courtesy to thank him for doing that.

bossyboots

..............and you seem to be missing your manners - a poster on here … ..............and you seem to be missing your manners - a poster on here has found you two telephone numbers to try and help you and you dont even have the common courtesy to thank him for doing that.

Well said, my mother always taught me.....Manners cost nothing (_;)

Original Poster

I stated that they will not help answer queries (this is clearly going to be mean telephone/website) until after 7 working days has passed

If somebody then gives me a phone number that is no use, that is their fault for not reading properly. I didn't ask for one. It's like giving me the number for a Dominoes...

Original Poster

Perhaps I didn't make the thread clear enough. I'm not going to spend tomorrow morning calling anybody after paying a relatively high delivery charge but now they may just have to make a 2nd or 3rd delivery attempt before they catch me as I won't be waiting in.

I instead wanted to share my current experience of how they do not deliver on time even though the courier has had my parcel for many days. They should be calling me to apologise for the delay & giving me a precise time of delivery - but they haven't. Hence I won't be using the company again.... IF you do need a parcel to be delivered within a certain time frame, I would not recommend this company is essentially what I made this thread for.

Perhaps those phone numbers are of use if you do need to receive your parcel urgently though - and so thanks for making them aware to others

Firefly1

I stated that they will not help answer queries (this is clearly going to … I stated that they will not help answer queries (this is clearly going to be mean telephone/website) until after 7 working days has passedIf somebody then gives me a phone number that is no use, that is their fault for not reading properly. I didn't ask for one. It's like giving me the number for a Dominoes...

If your Mother read that she would slap you for being rude

Original Poster

chasmi49

If your Mother read that she would slap you for being rude

Thank you for your contribution to this thread

I have only had 2 dealings with this company and they have been in the last 2 weeks.
Both times have been out so the first item was chucked under my car and today's was left a card saying in your holly bush what a place to leave an item, but looks like someone took a fancy to that one as wasn't there when I got home.

Original Poster

critster

I have only had 2 dealings with this company and they have been in the … I have only had 2 dealings with this company and they have been in the last 2 weeks.Both times have been out so the first item was chucked under my car and today's was left a card saying in your holly bush what a place to leave an item, but looks like someone took a fancy to that one as wasn't there when I got home.

Thank you for sharing your experience with this company

Anybody else found them good or poor?

P.S. I apologise for totally screwing up the opening post & therefore misleading people about what I really wanted to find out.
I should have written: "Please share your experiences with this company"

Ring / email the company you ordered the item from ( ie next / bhs etc) explain to them what has happened and ask them to look into it. Also ask for your delivery to be refunded. Usually out for delivery means it should come that day.
Edited by: "IWOOTN" 16th Jan 2013

dbhoy

If you phone them they tell you they cant help because you are the receiver not the sender........madness, and if you question this they tell you to get hold of the sender to contact myhermes

Had a similar thing with my last mobile phone. Said out for delivery, then no one in. Which was a lie phoned around eventually got through to a girl who was on holiday. She informed them that she could not deliver that week but hermits posted a weeks worth over the fence. First night back from her holiday she came and delivered Kate into the night.

Dont bother calling or trying to email or contact myhermes in any way or form, as they wont speak to you, or deal with any queries from the customer. The phone numbers provided to you by firefly are for myhermes couriers only. You are asked by a answer machine if you are waiting for a parcel to contact the retailer instead. only retailers or couriers can get through.They then have to speak to myhermes on your behalf to track the parcel ect. Its awful, no customer service whatsoever for the recipients of the parcels. thats why their is no contact numbers on their cards. I did managed to speak to a myhermes customer service rep, by pretending i was a courier.just out of pure frustration but I was told that they couldnt speak to me. i had to hang up and contact the retailer as instructed. It was so ridiculous, there stupid, i only wanted to tell them, that the courier, was going to the wrong address.! They wouldnt help, was told to tell the retailer to pass on the message! by then it was too late!. In the end my parcel was returned back to the store, as after 3 unsuccessful deliverys attempts at the wrong house! Honestly, myhermes are the worst!

Oops! sorry firefly1, i wrongly mentioned you as the person who advised ringing myhermes! having a ditzy day! :=)

This probably won't come as a massive shock to anyone but myhermes really are a bloody awful company to deal with. Booked a collection for Wednesday, waited in all day from 8am to 8pm as advised and no-one showed. Spent a small fortune on the phone trying to find out why, only to get disconnected after being on hold for ages, eventually got through to someone and was told it would be collected yesterday. No big surprise when no-one bothered to turn up again so another 12 hours stuck in waiting in vain. Got hold of someone on their webchat and have been told there's a 48 hour delay in them contacting couriers so they can't tell me if it will be collected today until next week! Their solution to my problem is for me to walk to my nearest parcelshop a mile away and deliver the parcel to them myself despite having paid for them to collect it.

All this was to save a few quid over royal mail - never again, I've wasted two days stuck in waiting for them so far.

Omd these couriers cant hslf lie they should have delivered my perfume yesterday but didn't looked on the tracking system and it said access problem phoned up the catalogue and asked what the hell is this guy chatting about and they said he couldn't get access to me and I told them all he has to do is press my flat number and I will let him in I mean there is only 7 flats in the building how complacated can it be
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants