Groups

MyHermes Tracking not Available

I created a MyHermes order yesterday and received the tracking number. When I try to use the tracking number it says "Unknown tracking number". Spoke to webchat and they say wait for 24 hrs for tracking to be updated. Is that Normal?

I have used MyHermes over 10 times in last year and each time Tracking number was valid even before parcel drop-off.

5 Comments

Did you click on the link they e-mailed you ? or did you enter the tracking number manually?
    I send 10 to 20 parcels a day with them.

Original Poster

Needles

Did you click on the link they e-mailed you ? or did you enter the … Did you click on the link they e-mailed you ? or did you enter the tracking number manually?I send 10 to 20 parcels a day with them.

I checked both and both said the same "Unknown tracking number".
    Did you send any yesterday/today?

Tracking numbers can take some time to be entered into any system; but if you normally find the numbers up in a few hours, and if this one still isnt up after 24 hours, I am guessing the parcel has gone missing - or their system is not working, and others will be facing the same problem.

I hope you kept your receipt.

We have been having an issue with getting our packaged scanned in, since a firmware update at Christmas, the scanner at our local collection point refuses to recognise our bar code 90% of the time, and it has to be manually entered; this leaves the chance of the operator entering an incorrect digit.
    We know it isnt our bar code printer, as the PO system has no issues, and they are all done on exactly the same printer, with exactly the same settings.

Original Poster

Thanks Guys. The tracking became available today at 11:00 am. It took over 12 hrs since my order.

Its quite normal tbh. I sell a lot stuff on eBay and use ebay's shutl delivery which is actually myhermes. As soon as the label is printed, when I try to track it, the website says its unknown. But all of the parcels have been tracked and delivered properly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions