Groups

MySQL Database Password?

I forgot my MySQL Database password to my site:/.

Is there anyway I can change the password without SSH?

Is it possible to change it with PHPMyAdmin?

If so, how?

Rep for you who helps.

8 Comments

try pressing ctrl alt and delete LOL

or

if in doubt give it a clout

Original Poster

Heh.

Thanks anyway.

I am guessing you have a mysql db because you run a site that connects to it.

If so there should be a config.php type file which will contain the database connection, username and password.

Banned

The host control panel should show your Mysql database details - including usernames and password.

Banned

oooo t0mm wanna share the site? be interested to know what it is

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b3/Mr._Nosey.jpg/200px-Mr._Nosey.jpg

guv;2149911

The host control panel should show your Mysql database details - … The host control panel should show your Mysql database details - including usernames and password.

If it is a decent host it shouldn't display any password.

There is no way to change the password unless you know the password for the root user. It will be best to contact your host.

Although, as said above, if you have a site that connects to the database, you should be able to find out the password in the code.

Original Poster

doughnuty;2149932

oooo t0mm wanna share the site? be interested to know what it is

Thankyou, but no

Banned

JayBird;2150207

If it is a decent host it shouldn't display any password.There is no way … If it is a decent host it shouldn't display any password.There is no way to change the password unless you know the password for the root user. It will be best to contact your host.Although, as said above, if you have a site that connects to the database, you should be able to find out the password in the code.

The admin side of Dreamhost displays the passwords deep inside the control pannel for MySQL databases (where it gives you the option to change the password.)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions