EXPIRED

Mysterious 'ghostly' face of child

At first glance, it seems to be an ordinary snap of a group of young people. But look more carefully and there appears to be an extraordinary, ghostly presence among them. Peeping out between the knees of two of the girls is the face of a child. The eerie image - clear enough to show a pair of eyes, a nose, a mouth and hair - was captured by 17-year-old Matthew Summers on his mobile phone as he and his friends were preparing to go out.

51 Comments

Original Poster

[CENTER]http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/ghosts/ghost-face.jpg[/CENTER]

Original Poster

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]"I zoomed in to my sister's mate's little sister who was crying and I saw a face," Matthew said. "You can see all the facial expressions and everything. "Usually when you see pictures like that it's a blur but this one is really weird. "I was really shocked because I don't believe in that stuff." Matthew took the picture in his sister's friend's front room in Billingham, Teesside. "I've sent it to my girlfriend and she thinks it's a bit weird," he added. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Photoshop strikes again

Original Poster

[CENTER]http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/ghosts/ghostface.jpg[/CENTER]

Original Poster

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]His photo joins a long line of apparently paranormal snaps. The most memorable in recent times was a cloaked figure photographed standing in a doorway at Hampton Court Palace in 2003. However, Ciaran O'Keeffe, a parapsychologist on Living TV's Most Haunted show, has a more down-to-earth explanation for the "child" in Matthew's photograph.

Dr O'Keeffe said: "As human beings we're very good at finding a pattern in randomness and related to that we're good at finding faces in randomness. The term for this is pareidolia. "First it was ink blots, then things like clouds in the sky and now mobile phone pictures. "There is no ghost in this picture, just the coincidental effect of pixelation and darkness and light which combine together." [/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

natversion1;2487958

Photoshop strikes again

I think that has been ruled out !

my mate in work showed me this last week claiming they were some girls from llandudno her brother knew,
arrghhh why do people lie!!

Banned

oooooohhhh.... that made me shivver..... and i dont normally get scared of this kind of stuff... the child on the right could tell something was up...

snowtiger;2487973

I think that has been ruled out !

Hmmm maybe but even the little kid to the right looks out of place :thumbsup:

Original Poster

edjaned;2487977

my mate in work showed me this last week claiming they were some girls … my mate in work showed me this last week claiming they were some girls from llandudno her brother knew,arrghhh why do people lie!!

Oh dear ... they've been fumbled then !!
I think people make stories up when they haven't got anything else to say !

wow they ugly

Banned

edjaned;2487977

my mate in work showed me this last week claiming they were some girls … my mate in work showed me this last week claiming they were some girls from llandudno her brother knew,arrghhh why do people lie!!

Yh I heard Cornwall....its been doing the rounds for a while

That site theunexplainedmysteries.com is full of this kind of stuff. I think that 99% of it can be explained though. Though I believe in the spiritual, I don't believe in ghosts (disembodied spirits). They used to say that the camera can't lie, with computer enhancements it certainly can. Seeing isn't believing anymore.

Banned

magicbeans;2487997

wow they ugly

AGREED 100%

Banned

magicbeans;2487997

wow they ugly

red boobtube is workable... look at the lurch behind her though! now that's FUGLY!

Original Poster

imranmaz;2487981

oooooohhhh.... that made me shivver..... and i dont normally get scared … oooooohhhh.... that made me shivver..... and i dont normally get scared of this kind of stuff... the child on the right could tell something was up...

I think this picture is genuine enough, I dont think it is a 'ghost' or anything spiritual....... just the way the colours & shapes have formed in the background as said by the ''prof'' ('quote' .. [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]a pattern in randomness) [/SIZE][/FONT] very strange though !

ODB_69;2488000

Yh I heard Cornwall....its been doing the rounds for a while

Hey what do you mean? I live in cornwall!!:?

What rubbish - occasionally some things look like other things...

meh.

Banned

snowtiger;2488017

I think this picture is genuine enough, I dont think it is a 'ghost' or … I think this picture is genuine enough, I dont think it is a 'ghost' or anything spiritual....... just the way the colours & shapes have formed in the background as said by the ''prof'' ('quote' .. [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]a pattern in randomness) [/SIZE][/FONT] very strange though !

yeah it is true that humans are tuned to see faces in everything but that picture is striking... esp the way the hair comes forward infront of the girls leg....

ODB_69;2488004

AGREED 100%

magicbeans;2487997

wow they ugly

Well they are from Billingham!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this one
"[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Perched on a rock, she could be waiting for a bus. But if so, she could be in for an awfully long wait. This photo of what looks remarkably like a female figure with her arm outstretched, was taken on Mars. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it has set the Internet abuzz with claims that there really is life on the red planet."[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]If you look in the blue box, you can see her husband sunbathing.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-3/1301168/LifeOnMars.jpg[/SIZE][/FONT]

Banned

how do you know its her husband?

Woman on mark lol

its just a bit jutting out the cliff combined with shadow. funny tho

sassie;2488068

No comment, since my views may incriminate me!:-D

Just goes to show that you can see anything you want to see. I just saw a cloud that looked like Snoopy.

Banned

Predikuesi;2488081

No comment, since my views may incriminate me!:-D

mine always do, it never stops me though

Banned

sassie;2488068

because she just punched him there because he forgot the suntan lotion....

The Sun reported this a while back now.....

imranmaz;2488088

because she just punched him there because he forgot the suntan lotion....

There you go then. The answer is always obvious!

Original Poster

Predikuesi;2488063

I like this one"[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Perched on a rock, she could be … I like this one"[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Perched on a rock, she could be waiting for a bus. But if so, she could be in for an awfully long wait. This photo of what looks remarkably like a female figure with her arm outstretched, was taken on Mars. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it has set the Internet abuzz with claims that there really is life on the red planet."[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]If you look in the blue box, you can see her husband sunbathing.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]

................this looks more like her dog rolling around in the dirt with its head back than her hubby !

Yawn.

Banned

snowtiger;2488128

................this looks more like her dog rolling around in the dirt … ................this looks more like her dog rolling around in the dirt with its head back than her hubby !

yeah, but surely she wouldnt have punched a dog for forgetting the sun tan lotion :?

Banned

love this comment from the sun website.... about the op:

call in the ghost busters there are 6 marshmellow women in the picture

Banned

Predikuesi;2488063

I like this one"[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Perched on a rock, she could be … I like this one"[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Perched on a rock, she could be waiting for a bus. But if so, she could be in for an awfully long wait. This photo of what looks remarkably like a female figure with her arm outstretched, was taken on Mars. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it has set the Internet abuzz with claims that there really is life on the red planet."[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]If you look in the blue box, you can see her husband sunbathing.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]

OK OK....I'm a STAR WARS geek I admit it....

only thing I see here is:
]http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/f11/30415201

Original Poster

imranmaz;2488147

love this comment from the sun website.... about the op:call in the ghost … love this comment from the sun website.... about the op:call in the ghost busters there are 6 marshmellow women in the picture

thought it was 5 women & a bloke ? :? maybe not !!

Original Poster

sassie;2488132

yeah, but surely she wouldnt have punched a dog for forgetting the sun … yeah, but surely she wouldnt have punched a dog for forgetting the sun tan lotion :?

she must be a wicked wicked woman

snowtiger;2488152

thought it was 5 women & a bloke ? :? maybe not !!

LMFAO :giggle:, which one was the bloke then?

Banned

I found more.....

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/ghost_____peers_fro_424983a.jpg

Original Poster

[quote=imranmaz;2488178]I found more.....

OMG the house must have been build on an old roman graveyard !!! :w00t:

On second thoughts and closer inspection
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-3/1301168/ghost.gif

Banned

Predikuesi;2488201

On second thoughts and closer inspection

you're making it angry now....

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam23
  2. Sad news about Barcelona2077
  3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764100
  4. How dangerous is Donald trump?911

See more discussions