Mysterious redirects on 7/IE8

Help! This is really annoying me now. Often, when I click on a proper listing in Google, ie, binsearch.info, I get redirected to various search and ad sites. It will do this 2 or 3 times before it eventually goes where I want it to. If I then try again it always sends me correctly every time. I have tried malwarebytes and S&D but they show no problems.
Any ideas? No FF/Chrome/others tips please. I like IE8 and don't want to change.
PS, my son is a poker freak and has downloaded various toolbars in an attemt to get free chips, but I have uninstalled them as well as I can.

4 Comments

If you goto > Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (NoAddons)
The internet will probably work fine.
Then you will see its a toolbar causing the problem if this works.
You could always repair the IE installation and it will reset to defult

Original Poster

audirob

If you goto Start All Programs Accessories System Tools Internet … If you goto > Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (NoAddons)The internet will probably work fine.Then you will see its a toolbar causing the problem if this works. You could always repair the IE installation and it will reset to defult

Cheers rob, trying that now. will report back.

Good luck

Original Poster

audirob

Good luck

Seems to be ok when you do that. It must be the toolbars then. Although I have uninstalled them there must be some stuff the sneaky bleeders have left behind!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764064
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846107
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2132
    4. Sad news about Barcelona1867

See more discussions