Groups

n64 question

I just got hold of a second hand n6 from here, was trying to tune it in and having no luck as i have never own ed a n64 before i have a questions or two.

does the console display a screen like the ps 1 / 2 when turned on?
    As i have not found this when tuning it in at all, the red light is on the console connected via rf.

Do you have to have a game cartridge inserted when tuning in to get the console to work?

All advice appreciated, Is the console dead apart form it show the red light.
    Is the underside of the console next to the slated plastic have screws in to the bottom in the middle of the console, as i have two holes on the bottom where it looks like there may have been screw at one point but not sure

7 Comments

does the console display a screen like the ps 1 / 2 when turned on?

No, just a black screen

As i have not found this when tuning it in at all, the red light is on the console connected via rf.

Why not buy a scart lead??

Original Poster

didnt come with one so will have to get one

Banned

jazferbetay;8268311

didnt come with one so will have to get one

If you can wait for shipping from Hong Kong 400106359495 is nice and cheap on ebay.
    I'd say stick a cart in (make sure to blow the connections on the cart and console) and stick the auto tune on the TV - should pick it up nice and easy.

You can use a gamecube scart lead aswell if you can find a cheapo one

Original Poster

just bought a second hand game cube from town, tired the same cable and the console with no game doesnt even show a black screen with componet or scart.

So i dont know if it needs a game in it to work?

any one got a game i can borrow willing to pay postage to see if it works and then i can send it back

Banned

jazferbetay;8272133

just bought a second hand game cube from town, tired the same cable and … just bought a second hand game cube from town, tired the same cable and the console with no game doesnt even show a black screen with componet or scart.So i dont know if it needs a game in it to work?any one got a game i can borrow willing to pay postage to see if it works and then i can send it back

I can send you world cup 98 for the price of postage on Tuesday if you like?

Original Poster

ok cool then will test my console with it and then will send you it back afterwards.

how much would postage be
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044545
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1622
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2487
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767390

See more discussions