Groups

N95 8G, Keypad Locked with code - Help

Hi All,

I recently changed my pin on my keylock on my N95, after trying to unlock the keypad it asks me for my pin, so i enter it and it comes up with code error, im sure i know what the pin is, but it just wont accpect it.

Any ideas how to get rid of it?
    I have tryed restarting the phone, but it asks for my keylock pin at the startup.

Please note its a KEYLOCK pin.

thanks

31 Comments

Best to take it to your local mobile phone unlockers to read the code or you could try this but be warned you will loose all numbers not saved to sim and pics and music do this when the phone is off- on/off + * + 3

spitroast

If it is a contact phone your network will be able to provide you with the PUK code ,

tonyg1962;6887045

If it is a contact phone your network will be able to provide you with … If it is a contact phone your network will be able to provide you with the PUK code ,

He or she is not after a PUK Code

spitroast

Original Poster

spit roast;6887022

Best to take it to your local mobile phone unlockers to read the code or … Best to take it to your local mobile phone unlockers to read the code or you could try this but be warned you will loose all numbers not saved to sim and pics and music do this when the phone is off- on/off + * + 3 spitroast

thanks,

So I from the off possition i then turn it on, then turn it off, then press the STAR key 3 times? then the number 3? My STAR key is also the + key

Tanchi;6887067

thanks,So I from the off possition i then turn it on, then turn it off, … thanks,So I from the off possition i then turn it on, then turn it off, then press the STAR key 3 times? then the number 3? My STAR key is also the + key

I think he means Hold the on/off button star and the 3 key. or hold on/off button then press those keys

Tanchi;6887067

thanks,So I from the off possition i then turn it on, then turn it off, … thanks,So I from the off possition i then turn it on, then turn it off, then press the STAR key 3 times? then the number 3? My STAR key is also the + key

Yes all at the same time me down at the same time no need for it 3 timesant to say hold all them

spitroast

Met-Cast;6887078

I think he means Hold the on/off button star and the 3 key. or hold … I think he means Hold the on/off button star and the 3 key. or hold on/off button then press those keys

Yea thanks i do

spitroast

Original Poster

Thanks, tryed to hold all 3 down at once while phone was on, also tryed it when phone was off, no luck

Tanchi;6887123

Thanks, tryed to hold all 3 down at once while phone was on, also tryed … Thanks, tryed to hold all 3 down at once while phone was on, also tryed it when phone was off, no luck

Did the phone boot back up? and make sure you have enough power in the battery also try holding down the two keys then power up

spitroast

Original Poster

spit roast;6887130

Did the phone boot back up? and make sure you have enough power in the … Did the phone boot back up? and make sure you have enough power in the battery also try holding down the two keys then power upspitroast

I held down the */+ Key and the number 3 key and alos the power button, the phone booted up when in the off possition, and powered down when i tryed it in the on possition

Tanchi;6887156

I held down the */+ Key and the number 3 key and alos the power button, … I held down the */+ Key and the number 3 key and alos the power button, the phone booted up when in the off possition, and powered down when i tryed it in the on possition

Its all about timing

spitroast

Tanchi;6887167

Ive found this site:Going to give it a try … Ive found this site:Going to give it a try :/http://www.nokialockcode.com/mastercode.php

Wont work not for BB5 try this *#7380# dont know if it will let you input it thou

spitroast

Original Poster

spit roast;6887175

Its all about timingspitroast

do i need to keep the keys held in untill the phone boots up? or jsut all at the same time when i power it on?

Original Poster

spit roast;6887184

Wont work not for BB5 try this *#7380# dont know if it will let you input … Wont work not for BB5 try this *#7380# dont know if it will let you input it thouspitroast

na, it wont let me enter any # or * on the lock screen

Tanchi;6887204

do i need to keep the keys held in untill the phone boots up? or jsut all … do i need to keep the keys held in untill the phone boots up? or jsut all at the same time when i power it on?

Hold the two keys down then poer it up until it boots up if your stuck i can free of charge if your near Derby of via post if yo pay for postage

spitroast

Original Poster

Hmm tryed holding down the 3 and star key, then holding down the pwer button, just boots up normaly.
    tryed this when phone is both on and off.

Original Poster

Manged to reset the phone, holding downt he send button + 3 + *
    it reset it, however the lock remains lol

Tanchi;6887391

Manged to reset the phone, holding downt he send button + 3 + *it reset … Manged to reset the phone, holding downt he send button + 3 + *it reset it, however the lock remains lol

Has it reseted it properly ie lost photos,tones etc back to factory state

spitroast

tried 12345 yet?

Original Poster

spit roast;6887407

Has it reseted it properly ie lost photos,tones etc back to factory … Has it reseted it properly ie lost photos,tones etc back to factory statespitroast

all i can tell is that the pin box has gone back to its orgianl theme.
    i still cant get into my phone, ive tryed my old code which was 00000, and my new code and also 12345, 54321, 00000 etc.. still doesnt let me in

what was the new code you tried to enter eg what you tried to change it to

if you changed sims put the other one back in and try the security code you changed again

Original Poster

the new code i enterd was 112233. apon entering the code it asked me to confirmt he code, which i did, do i know for sure that 112233 is the correct code. Only thing I did notice was that when i press 11 then a 2 it shows the whole code (112) as i belive this is the emergancy number for 999. when i press the next number 2 they all go back to stars again. not sure if this is anything to do with it

Tanchi;6894247

the new code i enterd was 112233. apon entering the code it asked me to … the new code i enterd was 112233. apon entering the code it asked me to confirmt he code, which i did, do i know for sure that 112233 is the correct code. Only thing I did notice was that when i press 11 then a 2 it shows the whole code (112) as i belive this is the emergancy number for 999. when i press the next number 2 they all go back to stars again. not sure if this is anything to do with it

Herein lies your problem i think. Try 112 then 112233

so try 112112233

Original Poster

Cantona_7;6894314

Herein lies your problem i think. Try 112 then 112233so try 112112233

will give it ago.. update to follow...

upate: no luck lol.

do you think i should contact Nokia, or contact my provider?

Tanchi;6894522

will give it ago.. update to follow...upate: no luck lol.do you think i … will give it ago.. update to follow...upate: no luck lol.do you think i should contact Nokia, or contact my provider?

You are entering a six number code when the phone only uses a 5 number code,
    Try entering 11223 .

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6894861

You are entering a six number code when the phone only uses a 5 number … You are entering a six number code when the phone only uses a 5 number code, Try entering 11223 .

OMG I LOVE YOU.
    PLEASE MARRY ME!

IT WORKED! :w00t:

Tanchi;6895012

OMG I LOVE YOU.PLEASE MARRY ME! IT WORKED! :w00t:

Ill ask the wife if i can :whistling:

Original Poster

rep to everyone who helped

Thanks

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6895016

Ill ask the wife if i can :whistling:

lol! Thanks dude! - im a very happy bunny

tonyg1962;6894861

You are entering a six number code when the phone only uses a 5 number … You are entering a six number code when the phone only uses a 5 number code, Try entering 11223 .

:thumbsup: which is why I asked for the code she had entered waited a while and no reply so played my MW2 instead.

Years ago I did a 6 digit code never heard phone beep to tell me error and had to sit for a while to figure out what I had done.
    Nokia really should have changed the firmware by now to not allow a 6 digit number when max is 5 digits.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky78
      2. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?34
      3. Chromecast11
      4. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost518

See more discussions