Nailed It: White Cadbury’s Cream Egg

Found 22nd Jan
Is anyone else finding that when they go to buy a Cream Egg this year that most, if not all, of them have signs of already being unwrapped and/or a nail scratch through the foil?

It seems staff and/or previous customers are combing through them with their grubby mits to try and find the white chocolate ones. Same story in lots of stores around these parts.

I’m not even bothered about getting a white one so I’m having to begrudgingly buy multipacks so I can avoid those that have already been nailed by someone else. As I’ve been writing this I’ve already made it 3/5 of this multipack. Not that I’m complaining.

*opens 4/5*
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments
to be fair, i have been opening and licking cream eggs then resealing them for years.
Not sure why anybody needs to open them, you can read it on the ingredients list as white chocolate
12 Comments
Yes I noticed this in my local Tesco store. Nearly all of the single eggs looked like they'd been tampered with.

It may be a ploy by Cadburys to sell more multipacks....
Not sure why anybody needs to open them, you can read it on the ingredients list as white chocolate
OLD NEWS

Fury as shoppers and staff 'opening' Creme Eggs to find white £2,000 prize

Supermarket staff and shoppers have been accused of opening Creme Egg wrappers to find limited edition white chocolate treats worth up to £2,000.

Lovers of the sugary delights have been scrambling to find the prized white chocolate eggs which have the same iconic purple, yellow and red foil wrapping as their milk chocolate counterparts.

Cadbury's has made only 350-400 of the chocolates, with each one worth at least £100.

A total of 33 worth are worth £1,000 and the ultimate egg is worth £2,000.

Each special egg has a phone number printed on a voucher under the foil wrapping which winners need to call and reveal the unique code on the wrapper, which shop and where it is.

Swathes of sweet-toothed fans have used social media to complain Creme Eggs had already been opened when they went to buy some.

Blogger George Kimm said: "Nice to see that ALL the Creme Eggs in Sainsbury's have been opened #whitecremeeggs."

Jeanie said: "This white Creme Egg thing just means every single Creme Egg has been unwrapped and touched by some randoms in Tesco."

Ryan Reeves tweeted: "Sainsburys, the search for a white chocolate creme egg has gone to your employees head clearly."

Londoner @4ChordsNoNet wrote: "This will be the first year that I will not be eating any Cadbury's Creme Eggs.

"Tried to buy some today and all the packets in Tesco (about 30 of them) had been opened, presumably by people wanting to see if any of the boxes had the prize winning white eggs in them."
to be fair, i have been opening and licking cream eggs then resealing them for years.
mattmerch20 m ago

OLD NEWS Fury as shoppers and staff 'opening' Creme Eggs to find white …OLD NEWS Fury as shoppers and staff 'opening' Creme Eggs to find white £2,000 prizeSupermarket staff and shoppers have been accused of opening Creme Egg wrappers to find limited edition white chocolate treats worth up to £2,000.Lovers of the sugary delights have been scrambling to find the prized white chocolate eggs which have the same iconic purple, yellow and red foil wrapping as their milk chocolate counterparts.Cadbury's has made only 350-400 of the chocolates, with each one worth at least £100.A total of 33 worth are worth £1,000 and the ultimate egg is worth £2,000.Each special egg has a phone number printed on a voucher under the foil wrapping which winners need to call and reveal the unique code on the wrapper, which shop and where it is.Swathes of sweet-toothed fans have used social media to complain Creme Eggs had already been opened when they went to buy some.Blogger George Kimm said: "Nice to see that ALL the Creme Eggs in Sainsbury's have been opened #whitecremeeggs."Jeanie said: "This white Creme Egg thing just means every single Creme Egg has been unwrapped and touched by some randoms in Tesco."Ryan Reeves tweeted: "Sainsburys, the search for a white chocolate creme egg has gone to your employees head clearly."Londoner @4ChordsNoNet wrote: "This will be the first year that I will not be eating any Cadbury's Creme Eggs."Tried to buy some today and all the packets in Tesco (about 30 of them) had been opened, presumably by people wanting to see if any of the boxes had the prize winning white eggs in them."

It’s not really old news is it’s still going on.
jimhuf42 m ago

to be fair, i have been opening and licking cream eggs then resealing them …to be fair, i have been opening and licking cream eggs then resealing them for years.

That's fine though. It's when you crack one open and dunk your toast in it. That's where I draw the line!
Eww the germs. Glad I don’t like them since they changed the chocolate
If they wanted to sell more mulitpacks, why didn't they put the white chocolate ones only in those??
jimhuf3 h, 45 m ago

to be fair, i have been opening and licking cream eggs then resealing them …to be fair, i have been opening and licking cream eggs then resealing them for years.

I do this at home as i cant eat one egg all in one go. It takes me a few days to finish eating a creme egg as they are too ric
jimhuf5 h, 22 m ago

Pmsl
Dannyrobbo10 h, 3 m ago

Not sure why anybody needs to open them, you can read it on the …Not sure why anybody needs to open them, you can read it on the ingredients list as white chocolate

You are asking a certain percentage of the population who might buy a Cadbury’s Cream Egg to read the ingredients.....

That's hilarious
Dannyrobbo23 h, 55 m ago

Not sure why anybody needs to open them, you can read it on the …Not sure why anybody needs to open them, you can read it on the ingredients list as white chocolate

We live in the UK, people are not that clever.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants