Groups
    EXPIRED

Napoleon total war - a warning!

It is not a standalone game. Nowhere on the box does it say otherwise. Neither does it state so on any of the sites selling it.

I was so looking forward to playing it as well Cant even send it back as its open now!

Just be aware.

7 Comments

TBH I thought it was a stand alone game too! Worth giving people the heads up. I'm sure you could pick the original quite reasonably now, or just sell the add on here

Original Poster

Its REALLY bad that they have not put it clearly on the box. This kinda put me off getting the standalone as that would be giving in to them...

The only way I found out was when installing and steam told me I need to activate the original first... grrrr!

totalwar.com/nap…php
    totalvideogames.com/Nap…tml

Have a feeling it is a stand alone game, at least that's what official accounts say. If you're having trouble installing maybe have a look in some tech support forums or give SEGA an email.

Original Poster

liambr101;7990222

http://www.totalwar.com/napoleon/gameinfo/faq.php#aanswer_6http://www.totalvideogames.com/Napoleon-Total-War/news/Napoleon-Total-War-Revealed-UPDATE-14512.htmlHave a feeling it is a stand alone game, at least that's what official accounts say. If you're having trouble installing maybe have a look in some tech support forums or give SEGA an email.

Steam wont let me install - says I need the original game as this is expansion - tried twice!

Original Poster

It seems my code was incorrect - typo on the manual. They have sorted it for me! Wierd... must have been a code for something else!

so its an expansion for empire total war?

Original Poster

micoo;7992801

so its an expansion for empire total war?

No - its a full game. The code they printed on my manual was a misprint. Im lucky like that! :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944532
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1947
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767359
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller22

See more discussions