Groups
    EXPIRED

Narrow HDMI Upscaling DVD Player

I'm looking for a narrow DVD player preferably with upscaling and a HDMI socket. I have a space in the cabinet for no more than 40cm wide to put a DVD player in. Most I've seen are cheap and nasty ones without HDMI.
    Are there any good quality narrow DVD players out there. Don't want to spend more than £100.

Cheers.

4 Comments

I've had one of these for a while now. Small and compact. Upscale and plays Divx tecoff mem stick/Sd card/hard drive.
    Scan had free delivery for 'avforums' members, not sure if they still do it, you'l have to look.
    £35 scan.co.uk/Pro…der

Ps 23cm wide

Original Poster

It seems to have a lot of bad reviews on here. I think I'll hold out a bit longer.

Anymore?

A Samsung that's 24cm wide and £49.99 incl delivery here multizoneav.com/Pro…80/
    Upscales to 1080p with 1 HDMI output.
    http://www.multizoneav.com/upload/products/dvdf1080.jpg

Original Poster

Thanks for the help fella's. I've settled for a Philips 3980. It's got a HDMI output, Div X Ultra and Upscaling. It's Energy Star Performance means it's go nicely with my eco friendly Philips 42PFL5603D LCD too.Fits neatly into the cabinet too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      2. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78
      3. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???11
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?914

See more discussions