NASA Entire Media Library - FREE to the Public! (Copyright Free)

Posted 29th Jul 2019
NASA has put their entire collection of images, sounds, and videos of galaxies, planets and space missions online, publicly accessible and copyright free for anyone to view or use.

images.nasa.gov

NASA has over 140,000 images, sounds, and video in their media library, now available for viewing or download, copyright free. You can choose to see images, videos and audio (or all three) when browsing the gallery, narrow a search by year, and sort by newest uploads or most popular.

3271297.jpg
In addition to the database of amazing space images there are other interesting items like missions, launches, events, astronauts, the International Space Station, SpaceX launches, and a few brief videos narrated by William Shatner that Star Trek fans might like.

Most search results have a useful pop up description so you can see at a glance what the item is all about. Images have EXIF data - if you like photography or are curious about the details of an image that's a good feature.

NASA also has two channels on Giphy full of animated GIFs and a Pinterest page:
NASA GIFs

NASA on Pinterest
All the content in the NASA media library is free with no copyright restrictions for non-commercial use:
“NASA content - images, audio, video, and computer files used in the rendition of 3-dimensional models, such as texture maps and polygon data in any format - generally are not copyrighted. You may use this material for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits, computer graphical simulations and Internet Web pages. This general permission extends to personal Web pages.”
Commercial use has other guidelines, more details at NASA's Media Usage Guidelines
Community Updates
Nasa DealsMisc
9 Comments
Thanks.8)
I'm fairly sure it isn't the entire library of photos though. I mean, I took 140,000 photos on my last family holiday and it wasn't that exciting.
gr134029/07/2019 09:38

I'm fairly sure it isn't the entire library of photos though. I mean, I …I'm fairly sure it isn't the entire library of photos though. I mean, I took 140,000 photos on my last family holiday and it wasn't that exciting.

It's probably the good ones, .... those not taken by the Mrs with heads cut off or with alien photo-bombs etc., LOL
Edited by: "antdav" 29th Jul 2019
Ta.

38168273-AbYtc.jpg
deleted1471098
They are only the ones they want you to see..........😜
OMG, this will have the 'Flerfers' in a panic! It'll be like all their Christmases have come at once. So much to discredit and disprove. Where will they start?
gr134029/07/2019 09:38

I'm fairly sure it isn't the entire library of photos though. I mean, I …I'm fairly sure it isn't the entire library of photos though. I mean, I took 140,000 photos on my last family holiday and it wasn't that exciting.

your poor family
if 2 weeks thats one every 4 secs over 12 hours per day
even if 2 months 18 hours per day thats still one every 30 secs
or maybe you were making a joke? if so...
....your poor family
brilly30/07/2019 08:36

your poor familyif 2 weeks thats one every 4 secs over 12 hours per …your poor familyif 2 weeks thats one every 4 secs over 12 hours per dayeven if 2 months 18 hours per day thats still one every 30 secsor maybe you were making a joke? if so... ....your poor family

It was a joke.

Respect for your calculations though.
Edited by: "gr1340" 30th Jul 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text