National Express coach.

Found 20th Feb 2016
I am travelling to Stansted Airport soon. The ticket price if I buy online and my first stop to be Victoria is £11 for two but if I put Golders Green as my first stop National Express is charging £24 to Stansted Airport.
So, can I buy tickets being Victoria Station as a first stop and get on at Golder Green? Will there be any issues when I show my tickets to the driver at Golders Green?

3 Comments

Same thing happened to my son Cardiff - Birmingham £11, Newport - Birmingham £28, same coach later stop. In T&C
it does state you can get on 1 stop later as long as there is space on coach. Done this 3 times no issue with driver.

Can I board my coach at an earlier or later stop?

You may board a National Express coach at a location other than the one shown on your ticket, as long as you are not boarding at an airport and there are seats available.

Eurolines services must be boarded at the departure point specified on your ticket.

Please remember; your seat is only guaranteed to and from the locations shown on your ticket and in all cases, you must travel on the timed journey shown on your ticket.

To guarantee your seat from a different stop an amendment will need to be made to your ticket. This can be done by calling 03717 818181 (0044 3717 818181 from overseas) or visiting one of our offices in person. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

An amendment fee will apply so please have your credit/debit card details to hand. Please note that an excess fare will also be charged, where a higher fare category applies.

Taken from their website, surely if you've reserved your seat why wouldn't there be space on the coach?

This is an interesting one.Normally if i am travelling to london for the day from nottingham even though i buy a ticket to victoria i get off at golders green or marble arch as its cheaper and normally quicker than buying a ticket to these stops.However i would never buy a ticket from victoria back to nottingham and get on at golders green.Good luck on what you decide.Just out of interest did you look at going on the stansted express to get there.
Edited by: "archer1204" 20th Feb 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions