National Express question - Getting off before your stop

Posted 10th Jan
Hello, We are travelling to Heathrow airport from Glasgow in June.
I noticed National Express do a bus which suits our timings, however the bus goes from Glasgow to London Victoria and stops at Heathrow on the way.

Ticket price from Glasgow to London Victoria - £30
Ticket price from Glasgow to Heathrow (same bus, just an earlier stop) - £60.

Can we just buy the ticket to London Victoria and get off a stop earlier at Heathrow?
Anyone have any experience of this? Only thing that I can think may cause a problem is we have suitcases - would they be a bit funny about us getting off at Heathrow?
Thanks!
Anthony
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Can't see it being a problem, they check tickets when you board the bus not when you get off
If you don't have a luggage you can sneak out, otherwise they sort the luggage depending on your destination.
It'd be a doddle if you don't have any luggage stored away that requires the driver to get out and open the hatch
I tried this with a funfare ticket which was via Heathrow. However when I was boarding the luggage at London Victoria the driver asked if I was definitely going to travel to last stop(Southampton). When I said I would be getting off at Heathrow, he asked me to buy another tickets to Heathrow - he was a jobsworth though and unwilling to listen.
Is there a genuine reason for the double in price or is it, as very likely the case, just blatant profiteering.
Just get off at Heathrow and claim ignorance saying you thought Heathrow was London, but make sure the bus you book actually goes to Heathrow some dont. As for your bags it's your property, doubt they can hold them ransom.
You are buying a ticket from Glasgow to London Victoria not Heathrow. They are 2 different journeys hence 2 different fares. It doesn't matter the fact it's the same bus.

It would be the same on the train.
varunadas10/01/2020 01:15

I tried this with a funfare ticket which was via Heathrow. However when I …I tried this with a funfare ticket which was via Heathrow. However when I was boarding the luggage at London Victoria the driver asked if I was definitely going to travel to last stop(Southampton). When I said I would be getting off at Heathrow, he asked me to buy another tickets to Heathrow - he was a jobsworth though and unwilling to listen.

Did you get the impression alot of people were doing the same?
Would hate to pay out £60 if I only need to pay £30
What date and time is your flight? I'm seeing prices for £17 single to LHR
For £30 extra to get off the stop before terminus is disgusting in my eyes and no wonder anyone would feel upset about it.
If it were me I'd be 'editing' my ticket so it says Heathrow and not Victoria 😜
How far away is it from Victoria to Heathrow , and how many passengers are going. You could always book too Victoria and if there's any issues getting off earlier get a Uber or local bus back too the airport it's probably because you going too a airport and that's why they want too rip you off.
Are you definitely sure it stops there I checked the Victoria station one that doesn't stop at Heathrow is it a different route
It’s a risk if you have luggage stored in hatch. They are aware people do this to save money and they make all efforts to stop it.
Not my experience but one of my mates tried this but was told before boarding that it will not be possible.
MynameisM10/01/2020 16:08

How far away is it from Victoria to Heathrow , and how many passengers are …How far away is it from Victoria to Heathrow , and how many passengers are going. You could always book too Victoria and if there's any issues getting off earlier get a Uber or local bus back too the airport it's probably because you going too a airport and that's why they want too rip you off.

victoria to heathrow is quite a trek. he would need to get on the tube to get to heathrow from london victoria coach station and that won't be easy.
Just a thought, what happens if you purchase your ticket to Victoria, the same as everyone else, and because no-one has paid for a ticket for Heathrow would they just miss that stop completely to save time?
MynameisM10/01/2020 16:08

How far away is it from Victoria to Heathrow , and how many passengers are …How far away is it from Victoria to Heathrow , and how many passengers are going. You could always book too Victoria and if there's any issues getting off earlier get a Uber or local bus back too the airport it's probably because you going too a airport and that's why they want too rip you off.

It is another hour on the Tube, that too with a change in between.
And if you're lugging suitcases and family between Victoria coach and tube stations that's another unnecessary trek
Bob2460111/01/2020 07:34

Just a thought, what happens if you purchase your ticket to Victoria, the …Just a thought, what happens if you purchase your ticket to Victoria, the same as everyone else, and because no-one has paid for a ticket for Heathrow would they just miss that stop completely to save time?

Bob2460111/01/2020 07:34

Just a thought, what happens if you purchase your ticket to Victoria, the …Just a thought, what happens if you purchase your ticket to Victoria, the same as everyone else, and because no-one has paid for a ticket for Heathrow would they just miss that stop completely to save time?

The bus will still go to Heathrow to pick up any new passengers over there for coming to Victoria coach station.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions