Groups

National insurance - is this right?

As I work two jobs (in the same place, but different funders as I work for an charity) I was just working out on listentotaxman how much NI and Tax I will pay. For one job i use the HMRC personal allowance, the other job I use a Basic Rate tax code. Anyway, if I add both jobs as one on listentotaxman the figure is approx £50 per month less than if I use each tax code (£6475 and also BR code) - so it works out better for me to work 2 jobs earning the same then if I worked for one funder. Is this right?

Am I getting the NI allowance twice?

7 Comments

Banned

second job will attract NI at basic rate.

If you work for 2 funders I would think you´re stuck with it.

Original Poster

toshapetriji;8773480

second job will attract NI at basic rate.If you work for 2 funders I … second job will attract NI at basic rate.If you work for 2 funders I would think you´re stuck with it.

No been looking online, apparently you get the NI allowance for each job

Banned

surpised if that´s the case

good luck

Not sure about the NI part, but surely your tax code should be the same for each funder.

Inactive;8788631

Not sure about the NI part, but surely your tax code should be the same … Not sure about the NI part, but surely your tax code should be the same for each funder.

You can share your allowance between jobs if you wish or do as the OP,have your allowance with one and pay basic rate on other employer.

I work for 4 different companies and have my tax code regd with one,pay BR with the other 3........didn't use all my allowance with the 1st company so should be getting a refund cheque soon(I hope!!)

bargainhunter2009;8773660

No been looking online, apparently you get the NI allowance for each job

that cannot be right. you can share it between the two or allot it to 1 of the jobs. you cant have the alloweance twice

Original Poster

chocci

that cannot be right. you can share it between the two or allot it to 1 … that cannot be right. you can share it between the two or allot it to 1 of the jobs. you cant have the alloweance twice

~You can
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1217
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News45
      3. PlayStation Hacked Again?33
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33193

See more discussions