National tyre Beware RANT

Found 30th May
Beware of this company, I saw a deal on hotukdeals and there was an offer with a code.I thought il order some tyres for my car/also purchased wheel allignment for £25.

Placed the order online and booked a time slot for 9.00AM on a Saturday.

Arrived at the depot and was asked to wait in reception. The fitter removed my old tyres around 9.15AM, but then stopped working as another car had arrived, the two technicians began to work on the other car and I was there just watching them, I explained that I had booked a time slot between 9.00/10.00 but was told I had to wait and ende support finishing at 11.00am.

I watched the cowboy put x4 tyres on and said the job was completed. I explained I paid for wheel allignment and the car hasn't moved, allignment requires a ramp/adjustment, he was quite adamant and said it has been completed, and wasn't understanding at all, I thought okay, so I signed the slip and went.

I then went to another tyre company in Birmingham, they said the tracking had not been completed and had to pay £25.

I made a complaint and was contacted by the regional manger of Birmingham, he explained the technician apologised for the wait and said the alignment had been completed, I said to him the car did not move at all and was in one place the whole time, he was quite adamant it was completed..I asked him to review the cctv footage or I will be taking this further. All of a sudden he's tone changed and he said I should email the invoice to them for a refund.

Sent yesterday and got a response today with a refund.
2947085-yQ08m.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
Bunch of thieves. I had a similar story but with the oil change offer here. Got a refund though.
I’ve not had to many issues with them.
I learnt a while ago that all their tracking is ok but. ........
Get tracking done on a hunter machine I think it’s called.

Its not cheap but bring your car back to how the manufacturer had it.
About £50-£60 pound.

I used align my car to find local firms to track my car with the hunter equipment.
Easy way for it to be proven/disproved...
ask for a printout of the tracking results.

If they cant provide one then either
A) They use an antique method of alignment (But if they have one of the hunter machines then they cant use that excuse)
B) It diddnt get done.
eslick2 h, 34 m ago

if you dont get sorted, email their CEO customer service department via …if you dont get sorted, email their CEO customer service department via tony.neill@national.co.ukhttps://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-12206

He seems to be sorted but even so, I would still email the CEO, just so he knows what's going on with his staff. Whether he cares or not is a different matter.
deeky1 h, 34 m ago

He seems to be sorted but even so, I would still email the CEO, just so he …He seems to be sorted but even so, I would still email the CEO, just so he knows what's going on with his staff. Whether he cares or not is a different matter.

Most companies use the CEO email address as an escalation type of customer service, you seem to get to past the first line which can be no help. I expect they are scorecarded against it so he probably won’t know but a senior manager will. If I don’t get anywhere with the first line I always go to the CEO email and normally get a response quickly.

hadnt read the whole of the Op, I really need to stop multitasking, so glad they got it sorted.
Edited by: "eslick" 30th May
I normally get my tyres changed with these, they always ring and try to pursuade me to do tracking.... its always a no.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants