Nato Straps?

Posted 17th Jul
Opinion on Nato straps? Thinking of trying one out. Anyone know any good quality, reputable brands?

Also, is it bad to keep changing the strap? Will it cause wear or loosen the spring bar?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Got one on my wrist as I type this. Fantastic, comfy, easily adjustable, cheap and easy to fit. Also preserves the original band of your watch if you ever come to sell it. As far as reputable brands they’re all the same. What you’ll be paying a premium for is the material used or if it’s a Swiss branded one, the 904l steel / finish on the keepers and buckle.
Its not bad to keep changing the strap, you can do it in literally 20 seconds and causes no damage to the watch. The springbars shouldn’t be an issue either, they’re only released with a spring tool and they’re sometimes a pain to get out even then. I wouldn’t worry about them in the slightest.

Currently wearing this:
barkandjack.shop/col…lon

Have one of these somewhere and great quality:
watchgecko.com/zul…tto
Edited by: "Kratos69" 17th Jul
Kratos6917/07/2020 20:16

Got one on my wrist as I type this. Fantastic, comfy, easily adjustable, …Got one on my wrist as I type this. Fantastic, comfy, easily adjustable, cheap and easy to fit. Also preserves the original band of your watch if you ever come to sell it. As far as reputable brands they’re all the same. What you’ll be paying a premium for is the material used or if it’s a Swiss branded one, the 904l steel / finish on the keepers and buckle.Its not bad to keep changing the strap, you can do it in literally 20 seconds and causes no damage to the watch. The springbars shouldn’t be an issue either, they’re only released with a spring tool and they’re sometimes a pain to get out even then. I wouldn’t worry about them in the slightest. Currently wearing this:https://barkandjack.shop/collections/new-ones/products/copy-of-grey-tubular-nylonHave one of these somewhere and great quality:https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-328-italian-waterproof-rubber-nato-watch-strap-bonetto

Do you think they’d retract from the watch? Ie make them look cheap or tacky?

I quite like the look of these:
41419420-jQxXY.jpg
41419420-Ossj6.jpg
41419420-GNUlM.jpg
I want it for my tissot but not sure what would suit it given the green dial:

41419420-DM0UZ.jpg
Nato straps are great, they are more secore than a two piece strap because if one of your spring bars breaks the watch will still be attached to your wrist (unlike a two piece strap where it would fall to the floor). I prefer zulu straps over nato straps, they are thicker and have two large rounded rings, they tend to hold a heavier watch head in place better as the material is stiffer.

41419422-48iTO.jpgThe only thing to be aware of with nato and zulu straps is it that it's possible in some cases for the straps to rub off details on the case back.
Had no idea Zulu were a differet type of strap, thought it was a brand ie zulu diver.
Edited by: "Meathotukdeals" 17th Jul
Meathotukdeals17/07/2020 21:40

Had no idea Zulu were a differet type of strap, thought it was a brand ie …Had no idea Zulu were a differet type of strap, thought it was a brand ie zulu diver.

Zulu is a different type of strap, very similar to a NATO as the above poster pointed out. You’re not wrong though, Zulu are also a company that make watch straps.
Post a comment
@
    Text