Groups

Natural weed/moss killer

Hi all,
    Does anyone know if there's some sort of natural weed & moss killer I can use in the garden?
    I read somewhere you can put together some sort of mixture which contains vinegar, among a few other things but can't seem to find exactly what is required.
    Thanks!

4 Comments

Iron sulphate (Lawn sand) does the job (killing moss) if you consider it to be natural . Much cheaper than branded fertiliser/weedkiller too

Agree with lawn sand. Used it two weeks ago and its killed off the moss and clover. Now left with patches which need reseeding.

Raking and scarifying before and afer treating is most natural methods I know although not sure July and August would be best months - preparing for me next would be beginning of September, repeated a few weeks later and then reseeding when conditions more optimum to fill/thicken

Original Poster

rogparki

Iron sulphate (Lawn sand) does the job (killing moss) if you consider it … Iron sulphate (Lawn sand) does the job (killing moss) if you consider it to be natural . Much cheaper than branded fertiliser/weedkiller too

Brilliant. thanks for the recommendation
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions