NatWest app

Posted 29th Nov
Does anyone know if it's possible to check the account balance other than using online banking or the app, without actually going to a bank branch (as the online / mobile banking is down and I'm not near a branch)?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Any ATM can give you a balance, doesn’t have to be NatWest one either.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 29th Nov
I just tried the app. While I got a warning, it gave me a balance.
Oneday7729/11/2019 15:22

Any ATM can give you a balance, doesn’t have to be NatWest one either.

I mean the actual balance as the ATM shows the balance before pending transactions
No, only your online banking!
Bit of a nuisance then app being down right now
andrewworrall129/11/2019 15:24

I mean the actual balance as the ATM shows the balance before pending …I mean the actual balance as the ATM shows the balance before pending transactions

Telephone banking?
Oneday7729/11/2019 15:29

Telephone banking?

Thanks. It says the account number is needed. I don't know it by heart and always get that from the app, of which I can't do this time
andrewworrall129/11/2019 15:36

Thanks. It says the account number is needed. I don't know it by heart and …Thanks. It says the account number is needed. I don't know it by heart and always get that from the app, of which I can't do this time

Do you have a cheque or paying in book? It’ll be in there.
Try calling and pressing # at each prompt. You might end up getting a human.
Oneday7729/11/2019 15:37

Do you have a cheque or paying in book? It’ll be in there. Try calling a …Do you have a cheque or paying in book? It’ll be in there. Try calling and pressing # at each prompt. You might end up getting a human.

I don't have a cheque or paying in book, I've been on hold for almost 10 minutes now. Hopefully it won't be long before someone answers
Your account number will be on your debit card
andrewworrall129/11/2019 15:46

I don't have a cheque or paying in book, I've been on hold for almost 10 …I don't have a cheque or paying in book, I've been on hold for almost 10 minutes now. Hopefully it won't be long before someone answers

I tried the app again whilst on hold and it logged me in, looks like it's fixed now so I put the phone down. Thanks
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 29th Nov
bobdylan29/11/2019 15:48

Your account number will be on your debit card

It's not on mine. I have asked before and someone that works in NatWest told me no NatWest debit card has the account number on due to security reasons. However the app is working now so all good
App Not working for a lot of people according to their twitter - not working for me either - online banking is fine though
Edited by: "iang007" 29th Nov
Mines not working either, I can still see the balance though.
Phone banking?
esar29/11/2019 19:21

Phone banking?

The app works now it's alright thanks. However, I couldn't do phone banking as I didn't know my account number. I was on hold to NatWest for about ten minutes and the app started to work
andrewworrall129/11/2019 19:23

The app works now it's alright thanks. However, I couldn't do phone …The app works now it's alright thanks. However, I couldn't do phone banking as I didn't know my account number. I was on hold to NatWest for about ten minutes and the app started to work

I don't believe you need your account number, it's the same as doing it on the web aka date of birth + number. Then prompts for pass number and memorable word.
Have a play, and you'll be ready if it goes again
The number is 03457 888 444
esar29/11/2019 19:44

I don't believe you need your account number, it's the same as doing it on …I don't believe you need your account number, it's the same as doing it on the web aka date of birth + number. Then prompts for pass number and memorable word.Have a play, and you'll be ready if it goes againThe number is 03457 888 444

It said it's needed on the website but I kept ignoring it when it asked for it and it was transferring me to a human. I put the phone down when the app started working though, whilst on hold
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants