Natwest E-ISA - Question

Found 29th Mar 2012
I may be being a bit thick here.
But I'm having a bit of a problem.
I've started up online banking for my current account in branch. Also I opened an E-ISA via my online banking account in branch to make sure my E-ISA is created before the 5th of April.
I got my account number and sort code for my E-ISA, am I being thick why isn’t the E-ISA appearing in my account. Should I transfer money to my E-ISA account now or wait for it to appear.
Any help and I will be grateful.
Community Updates
MiscNatWestBank Account
14 Comments
Also if I transfer money to my E-ISA now, how do I get the money back?
cdm22

http://www.natwest.com/personal/savings/g2/isas/e-isa.ashx

I don't believe that answered my question.
cdm22

Ok, then how about … Ok, then how about this?http://www.natwest.com/global/contact-us.ashx?channel=personal

You're funny.

But never mind, I found the answer by randomly trying to open a account a different way and it said.

If you have received an account number and sort code, your ISA will be … If you have received an account number and sort code, your ISA will be ready to use after 24 hours of opening.

O well, found the answer out myself.
Edited by: "bucketuk" 29th Mar 2012
bucketuk

Normally, ISA's do not appear on your on-line banking account, I had this problem so I telephoned my bank and they have put it on my account as 'view only'.

So even though you have your sort code and account number it may not appear to view on-line. I transferred my money, then I had to ring to make sure it had transferred lol.

Mine is a different bank, so terms may be different but it will not harm to ask if you cannot view your ISA account on-line if they will add it.
They might have changed it since I used them a few years ago but you had to put the money in a basic savings account and then they transfer it over to the isa on the 5th, reason being they cannot add funds until the start of the tax year.
My E-ISA appeared on my account a day or two after I opened it online. As you have only just signed up for online banking, maybe it'll take a bit longer.
Thanks for the help.
I'll wait till tomorrow for it to appear.
maccy1

bucketukNormally, ISA's do not appear on your on-line banking account, I … bucketukNormally, ISA's do not appear on your on-line banking account, I had this problem so I telephoned my bank and they have put it on my account as 'view only'.So even though you have your sort code and account number it may not appear to view on-line. I transferred my money, then I had to ring to make sure it had transferred lol.Mine is a different bank, so terms may be different but it will not harm to ask if you cannot view your ISA account on-line if they will add it.

The 'e' stands for electronic, what is the point of an online isa that is not visible online..
Daftfool666

The 'e' stands for electronic, what is the point of an online isa that is … The 'e' stands for electronic, what is the point of an online isa that is not visible online..

Without going into too much detail the ISA is fixed for an amount of time, so because you will not be using it for transactions etc, they do not automatically add it to your on-line banking accounts.

I did state that this is my banks terms, not all banks may be the same.

Edited by: "maccy1" 29th Mar 2012
E-ISA now appears in my online account, so panic over.
bucketuk

E-ISA now appears in my online account, so panic over.

lol - I know how you feel, I transferred money with having sight of the account, just the details.

However, one quick call and they added it to my online banking, so giving me peace of mind. Even though I will not be doing anything with the money for 2 years, it is just nice to see it there.
maccy1

Without going into too much detail the ISA is fixed for an amount of … Without going into too much detail the ISA is fixed for an amount of time, so because you will not be using it for transactions etc, they do not automatically add it to your on-line banking accounts.I did state that this is my banks terms, not all banks may be the same.

Its an EISA thats ONLY serviceable via online banking, why would it not show? How would you pay money into it throughout the year?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants