Natwest mobile insurance claim went wrong...

Found 12th Dec 2015
Hi all,

I have a mobile insurance cover with natwest and never ever made a claim. I have been paying for that account for at least the last 5 years.

Last week i lost my phone and had to make a claim. Lost my LG G3 and lady on the phone insisted that i could only get Galaxy S5 as replacement and that is the only phone they will be offering.

Do they have the rights to do this? I want to make a complain because i hate this phone. Its UI is terrible compared to LG. Arent they supposed to offer the same model since thats what the insurance was paid for.

Anyone have any idea on what to do? I will deffinetly cancel the payment and look elswherw now.
Community Updates
13 Comments
Did you check the insurance terms and conditions? In case you haven't as they are in very small font size, they might have a clause saying that they might not be able to offer same mobile phone.
parniaalibangash

Did you check the insurance terms and conditions? In case you haven't as … Did you check the insurance terms and conditions? In case you haven't as they are in very small font size, they might have a clause saying that they might not be able to offer same mobile phone.

​Not sure if they changed the rules within the last 5 years. I also dont think i can find the original terms and conditions to be honest. This is very frustrating. Service is excellent, replacement offered the next day but just not the right product..
parniaalibangash

Did you check the insurance terms and conditions? In case you haven't as … Did you check the insurance terms and conditions? In case you haven't as they are in very small font size, they might have a clause saying that they might not be able to offer same mobile phone.

​Not sure if they changed the rules within the last 5 years. I also dont think i can find the original terms and conditions to be honest. This is very frustrating. Service is excellent, replacement offered the next day but just not the right product..
I have made 2 claims with lloyds in the past, I was offered very good cash prices when my phone wasn't available
Aren't you supposed to read the terms and conditions and to have the insurance you agree to the terms.
They had issues about replacements this some years ago and they ammended the terms to make it clearer. ( I would assume any changes to there terms would be sent to customers)
You need to read them and I guess it will state what you didn't want to know.
Ellie Phant

Aren't you supposed to read the terms and conditions and to have the … Aren't you supposed to read the terms and conditions and to have the insurance you agree to the terms.They had issues about replacements this some years ago and they ammended the terms to make it clearer. ( I would assume any changes to there terms would be sent to customers)You need to read them and I guess it will state what you didn't want to know.

​Did not understand what you mean here.
If an insurer dont have the phone available, they should either offer cash or ask you to wait untill the phone becomes available. Thats if you dont accept the alternetive.

However, in my case, i was forced to accept the S5. She said that would be the only offer or else i should speak to my networl provider for any other alternative phone. Rude? Yes she was extremely rude.

As i said before, i dont remember what the t&c were 5 years ago. Must have read and been happy to go with. Thats why i am here asking. If they changed since then and i assure you i didnt receieve any letter, arent they in the wrong?
Take it, sell it then buy a handset you want?
Out of interest why did you take out this account with natwest? The reason I ask is that many people were mis sold these accounts, I was told that I had to have one in order to get an overdraft. If you were mis sold you can claim the fees back

See here:

moneysavingexpert.com/rec…nts
Out of interest why did you take out this account with natwest? The reason I ask is that many people were mis sold these accounts, I was told that I had to have one in order to get an overdraft. If you were mis sold you can claim the fees back

See here:

moneysavingexpert.com/rec…nts
sparxuk

Out of interest why did you take out this account with natwest? The … Out of interest why did you take out this account with natwest? The reason I ask is that many people were mis sold these accounts, I was told that I had to have one in order to get an overdraft. If you were mis sold you can claim the fees back See here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/reclaim-packaged-bank-accounts

​To be honest, i wasnt tricked into having one. My overdraft is on another Natwest account which i dont pay any fees for.

Only reason i went for the account was that it was offering Love Film subscription and Experian credit reports for free. But now they removed them all and all we get is lousy Taste card. The fees increased every year and now i pay £10 a month. If i could take the money back, i seriously would.
With my Barclays extras, I have to register a phone when I get it so that if I lose it, I can get the one registered on my account as replacement. Does your policy have this by any chance?
go to your local nat west branch in the morning (Sunday) it will be closed, burn it down, then on Monday ring them up and ask if their insurance covers that and if they say yes, ask them who it is with and next time insure your phone with them
Natwest insurance is with Aviva. And i believe the alternative phone was offered by Aviva. So, not a good idea to go with them.

Fern, i also register my phone with Natwest so they have the IMEI number etc. But that didnt stop them from sending me an alternative.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions