natwest student - taste card

Found 5th Nov 2015
Hello,
I have an natwest student account, one of the perks is a free tastecard membership usually valued at £80. I was wondering how you go about getting one. I was looking online, all they seem to tell you is how to use the card, rather than actually getting your hands on it - maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Personally, I think they should post it, if you do indeed have an student account with them, but maybe that's expecting too just from a bank!

Anyways, would you have to go into a branch to arrange it or can it be done online?

Comments are appreciated.
Community Updates
AskCardNatwestTastecard
17 Comments

Page 11 of your NatWest Student account Welcome pack: natwest.com/Dow…pdf
"
To receive your tastecard you must sign up to Online
Banking and you must choose to receive paperless
statements. Once you’ve done this then you’ll get your
tastecard within five working days."
Edited by: "IamMT" 5th Nov 2015
IamMT

"To receive your tastecard you must sign up to Online Banking and you … "To receive your tastecard you must sign up to Online Banking and you must choose to receive paperless statements. Once you’ve done this then you’ll get your tastecard within five working days."

Wow, how did you come across that information? You must have friends in high places. Are you acquainted with Google by any chance?
I don't have a student account. But I received one a few weeks back. Didn't apply. It just turned up.
RossD89

Wow, how did you come across that information? You must have friends in … Wow, how did you come across that information? You must have friends in high places. Are you acquainted with Google by any chance?

Hi, thanks for the sarcasm. Just trying to help our student friend. Indeed I am familiar with it, I've used various search engines since about 1993. I still prefer to ring the library's reference section if truth be told, but hey ho!
The taste cards are crap to be fair, better with your NUS discount card.
IamMT

Hi, thanks for the sarcasm. Just trying to help our student friend. … Hi, thanks for the sarcasm. Just trying to help our student friend. Indeed I am familiar with it, I've used various search engines since about 1993. I still prefer to ring the library's reference section if truth be told, but hey ho!

The sarcasm was for the benefit of the OP. Like you, I found the information straight away and it probably took less time than the OP spent posting this thread.
Edited by: "RossD89" 5th Nov 2015
RossD89

The sarcasm was for the benefit of the OP. Like you, I found the … The sarcasm was for the benefit of the OP. Like you, I found the information straight away and it probably took less time than the OP took posting this thread.

I guess I found it a little faster and have better manners. How's the coding going?
Original Poster
IamMT

Page 11 of your NatWest Student account Welcome pack: … Page 11 of your NatWest Student account Welcome pack: https://www.natwest.com/Downloads/personal/students/student_welcome_pack.pdf"To receive your tastecard you must sign up to Online Banking and you must choose to receive paperless statements. Once you’ve done this then you’ll get your tastecard within five working days."

I've had online banking for over 2 years, and have been paperless for the same duration. Yet no tastecard.
Original Poster
ChrisUK

The taste cards are crap to be fair, better with your NUS discount card.

You can't complain with what's free
amadahmed2

I've had online banking for over 2 years, and have been paperless for the … I've had online banking for over 2 years, and have been paperless for the same duration. Yet no tastecard.

Call them 0844 620 2400 before Ross starts trolling again.
IamMT

Call them 0844 620 2400 before Ross starts trolling again.

One call to that premium line number is likely to cost more than the useless tastecard would save in a year. (_;)
Original Poster
RonChew

One call to that premium line number is likely to cost more than the … One call to that premium line number is likely to cost more than the useless tastecard would save in a year. (_;)

Maybe not, there's only one preferable shop within walking distance of my university 'pizza express' who happen to be on the tastecard scheme. Otherwise I wouldn't give a toss.
Buy an NUS EXTRA card or £12 per year. This gets you 40% off food AND drink on a Monday and Tuesday at Pizza Express, with reduced rates on wed and thurs.

Use clubcard points vouchers conterted to PE tokens for weekends. :-)
RonChew

One call to that premium line number is likely to cost more than the … One call to that premium line number is likely to cost more than the useless tastecard would save in a year. (_;)

Saynoto0870 doesn't offer a cheaper number either.

Two of my kids are still at University and they've told me they avoid things like this because of the 'hidden hassle' (whatever that is - suppose I could ask them tomorrow if anyone needs to know).
tryn2help

Saynoto0870 doesn't offer a cheaper number either.Two of my kids are … Saynoto0870 doesn't offer a cheaper number either.Two of my kids are still at University and they've told me they avoid things like this because of the 'hidden hassle' (whatever that is - suppose I could ask them tomorrow if anyone needs to know).

Stepping in to a Natwest branch costs nothing.
RossD89

Stepping in to a Natwest branch costs nothing.

Yes, I'm probably getting mixed up with the snapcard thing - seemingly no peace from advertisers - or something along those lines.
amadahmed2

I've had online banking for over 2 years, and have been paperless for the … I've had online banking for over 2 years, and have been paperless for the same duration. Yet no tastecard.

Give them a call. They didn't send my rail card this year and I called them and they got it sent straight out.

If you're not wanting to pay to call then visit your local branch as they should have a phone you can use.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions