NatWest - Unexpected money paid in?

Posted 14th Nov
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I checked my NatWest app this morning, as I do every morning and noticed my balance is £56 higher than yesterday. It still is but there is no transactions showing (no transactions in pending either) the £56 going in. I wasn't expecting this

Does anyone know why this could've happened? Obviously not complaining if I get to keep it

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
No, but I've got £56 less than expected.
15 Comments
No, but I've got £56 less than expected.
Sorry Andrew, I know it's not helpful but the obvious answer is your bank. They will definitely be able to tell you why it has appeared. I don't think you can assume by not telling them, you'll get to keep it either. It might get taken away right when you don't want it to.

All the best, Phsy.
Sometimes I’ve had transactions come out as pending and when the company took to long to claim the money it went back into my available balance making me think I had more money. It was then claimed at a later time. Can you think if you’ve made a transaction for this amount x
Have you bought anything for that amount lately? A few times when i've bought things from Amazon it's suddenly disappeared from pending and my available balance has went up by the appropriate amount, then the next day it's came off again.
If you’ve bought anything, the company might not have claimed the money if it’s been over 4 days it will be released back into your account. I’m with NatWest it happened to me.
Phsycronix14/11/2019 13:33

Sorry Andrew, I know it's not helpful but the obvious answer is your bank. …Sorry Andrew, I know it's not helpful but the obvious answer is your bank. They will definitely be able to tell you why it has appeared. I don't think you can assume by not telling them, you'll get to keep it either. It might get taken away right when you don't want it to.All the best, Phsy.

Yeah definitely understand that, I've left a message in the app just waiting on a response. Thanks
parisp14/11/2019 13:36

Sometimes I’ve had transactions come out as pending and when the company t …Sometimes I’ve had transactions come out as pending and when the company took to long to claim the money it went back into my available balance making me think I had more money. It was then claimed at a later time. Can you think if you’ve made a transaction for this amount x

Actually I've just noticed some payments for Mothercare have disappeared. I ordered some items for someone and that person transferred me the money... so now they've disappeared the money has been refunded. All adds up now I think? Thanks
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 14th Nov
andrewworrall114/11/2019 13:48

Yeah definitely understand that, I've left a message in the app just …Yeah definitely understand that, I've left a message in the app just waiting on a response. Thanks

That's good. As others say, you can't think of anything lately where the payment might have gotten 'bounced' back into your account? A grocery bill or fuel payment? I know you've probably wracked your brain already...
Phsycronix14/11/2019 13:51

That's good. As others say, you can't think of anything lately where the …That's good. As others say, you can't think of anything lately where the payment might have gotten 'bounced' back into your account? A grocery bill or fuel payment? I know you've probably wracked your brain already...

It's Mothercare just realised a moment ago after reading a comment on this thread. I'm guessing the orders are cancelled or the payments will be taken again soon?
andrewworrall114/11/2019 13:51

Actually I've just noticed some payments for Mothercare have disappeared. …Actually I've just noticed some payments for Mothercare have disappeared. I ordered some items for someone and that person transferred me the money... so now they've disappeared the money has been refunded. All adds up now I think? Thanks

Don't you just love those little "lightbulb" moments? Hehe.

Perhaps your bank will confirm your thinking.
andrewworrall114/11/2019 13:52

It's Mothercare just realised a moment ago after reading a comment on this …It's Mothercare just realised a moment ago after reading a comment on this thread. I'm guessing the orders are cancelled or the payments will be taken again soon?

They will take the money again they’ve just taken too long to process x
parisp14/11/2019 13:59

They will take the money again they’ve just taken too long to process x

Shame I got my hopes up thinking I potentially had free money I suppose if the orders were cancelled they would've emailed me so I guess they will be taking the money again yes. Possibly delayed due to being in administration?
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 14th Nov
andrewworrall114/11/2019 14:02

Shame I got my hopes up thinking I potentially had free money I …Shame I got my hopes up thinking I potentially had free money I suppose if the orders were cancelled they would've emailed me so I guess they will be taking the money again yes. Possibly delayed due to being in administration?

Oh god never thought it’s mothercare. I am now not so sure although like you say if the order was cancelled they would have emailed you x
It will be that chap from Nigeria, he's always wanting to put monies into my bank.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants