Expired

NC10 Help - working now could a mod please remove

14 replies
Found 8th Jun 2009
Everytime i want to use a key with something blue on it i have to press the FN button, any ideas to what it could be?

14 Comments

Not sure what you are asking but the Fn key is the function key and is blue so any key that has blue writing on it needs the Fn key pressed at the same time to work.

Original Poster

Basically the opposite has happened, in order to use the normal grey keys i'm having to press the fn button

Try pressing the F11 number lock key and fn at the same time and see if it resolves it.

Forget that, seems that was for another problem. I am just googling lol.

Original Poster

thanks i had a look but have no idea what i'm looking for!

Could it be that StickyKeys is activated?

I don't have a laptop so I don't know if Fn is one of the keys which you can lock down with StickyKeys but it might be worth a look incase you accidentally activated it.

In XP (don't know about Windows 7 or Vista)
Control Panel ---> Accessibility Options ---> Uncheck "Use StickyKeys"

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;5434192

Could it be that StickyKeys is activated?I don't have a laptop so I don't … Could it be that StickyKeys is activated?I don't have a laptop so I don't know if Fn is one of the keys which you can lock down with StickyKeys but it might be worth a look incase you accidentally activated it.In XP (don't know about Windows 7 or Vista)Control Panel ---> Accessibility Options ---> Uncheck "Use StickyKeys"

Thanks checked but seems to be unchecked already. Think my daughter must have pressed something, just need to work out what it was!

its numlock on?

Original Poster

cis_groupie;5434240

Try this … Try this solution:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/The_keys_on_your_Samsung_NC10_will_only_type_what_you_want_when_you_hit_the_fn_key_How_can_you_stop_this

Thanks that worked!!

Didnt WAJ1234 say that earlier?

He did, but then said in his next post to forget it. I was highlighting the fact that it was most likely the correct solution.

Original Poster

Oh yes WAJ1234 did but thought it was wrong. Thanks everyone

Only from what I read quickly from google. I remember it happinging years ago but my memory is not so clear.

Glad it is sorted.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions