NCS Summer 2018

Found 6th Nov 2017
Hi,
My friends daughter (16) wants to attend NCS this summer with her high school friends?
Wanted to know if it was good and is it worth it ?
She either wants to attend that or start working during the summer.
Also her parents are planning on going on holidays for a month.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

I took part in NCS during the summer of 2017 and I would definitely recommend going. It's a great chance to do something fun in the summer, make new friends as well as give back to the local community. Do It!
Edited by: "Muhsin" 7th Nov 2017

Looks good on a cv as well.

Are they planning on holidaying while she does it? When my daughter did it last summer it involved 2 weeks of project work (decorating and gardening at a disabled children's centre) and had to be ferried there and back each day, a weeks camping where they went on a bus but had to meet at a central point first and on return, and same again for a week at a university (both Monday to Friday)
She loved it and definitely worth it for the minimal cost but a lot of driving about involved!

my daughter did it last year and made some great friends whilst enjoying new experiences.

My daughter did it and loved it.

my son did it this year went to ARDROY Scotland Hated it ! did the first part away for 4 nights no more

enjoyed the activities but not happy with accommodation and some of the in mates !

mixed opinions just not for everyone

Original Poster

walrus46 h, 3 m ago

Are they planning on holidaying while she does it? When my daughter did it …Are they planning on holidaying while she does it? When my daughter did it last summer it involved 2 weeks of project work (decorating and gardening at a disabled children's centre) and had to be ferried there and back each day, a weeks camping where they went on a bus but had to meet at a central point first and on return, and same again for a week at a university (both Monday to Friday)She loved it and definitely worth it for the minimal cost but a lot of driving about involved!

They all want to go together. She is 16 she still has next year to do it.So not really sure. She has 2 or 3 options for summer 2018 1)NCS 2)Summer Work /3) Family holiday until 22nd August(For a month).

NCS? National citizen service?

Edit: Thanks for liking my comment but my question still stands, I'm only guessing at what NCS stands for based on a cursory DuckDuckGo search and the context in the thread.

O.P. please amend your description as posts like this appear in the RSS feed routinely without any context and it gets very frustrating.
Edited by: "denchington" 15th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions