Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Nectar Balance Mistake

Posted 22nd Oct
So I just checked my nectar balance and I was confused how I had gone from just under £20 worth to over £70. I looked at my activity and it says I earned 8200 on an £82 eBay purchase from the 19th and another 2000 on a separate £20 order. It’s obviously a mistake as they’ve added on 2 extra zeros. Just thought I would mention it incase anyone else has had the same mistake happen.
Community Updates
Misc
30 Comments
Haha spend it quickly before they find out
deals6922/10/2019 18:24

Haha spend it quickly before they find out

Haha I wish I could but I’m sure I would be made to pay them back somehow. I rarely shop in Sainsbury’s so most points are collected via eBay, I’m sure you can only get a maximum of 300 on there unless there is a bonus offer.
MiniMissyMoo22/10/2019 18:25

Haha I wish I could but I’m sure I would be made to pay them back somehow. …Haha I wish I could but I’m sure I would be made to pay them back somehow. I rarely shop in Sainsbury’s so most points are collected via eBay, I’m sure you can only get a maximum of 300 on there unless there is a bonus offer.

I'm sure theres no way they'd make you pay them back
deals6922/10/2019 18:27

I'm sure theres no way they'd make you pay them back

Probably not. But they appear to be locking accounts over this, and adding the following message...
"You're not authorised to spend your Nectar points.
Please contact the Nectar Helpline on 0844 822 4100."
MiniMissyMoo22/10/2019 18:25

Haha I wish I could but I’m sure I would be made to pay them back somehow. …Haha I wish I could but I’m sure I would be made to pay them back somehow. I rarely shop in Sainsbury’s so most points are collected via eBay, I’m sure you can only get a maximum of 300 on there unless there is a bonus offer.

All they would do is put your account in negative balance.
eslick22/10/2019 18:37

Others have posted the …Others have posted the samehttps://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/ebay-nectar-30000-points-but-how-3312213

Ah I didn’t see that, thanks. Surprised it’s still happening.
jamie1522/10/2019 18:42

All they would do is put your account in negative balance.

Yes that’s what I thought, I know it’s happened to others in the past.
Ebay are transmitting transactions as pence but Nectar are processing it as pounds. No sign of incorrect balances being changed or whether its been fixed at all.
happyshopper222/10/2019 18:38

Probably not. But they appear to be locking accounts over this, and adding …Probably not. But they appear to be locking accounts over this, and adding the following message... "You're not authorised to spend your Nectar points.Please contact the Nectar Helpline on 0844 822 4100."

This message is from Nectar , they have upgraded the scheme and they just want you to log in to your account on their new system to verify your settings. Once I'd done this I could swap points for vouchers. I too had a load of extra points and have spent them today , £50's worth.
yorkie1222/10/2019 20:35

This message is from Nectar , they have upgraded the scheme and they just …This message is from Nectar , they have upgraded the scheme and they just want you to log in to your account on their new system to verify your settings. Once I'd done this I could swap points for vouchers. I too had a load of extra points and have spent them today , £50's worth.

I've logged into the site. I've still got the message showing.
happyshopper222/10/2019 20:37

I've logged into the site. I've still got the message showing.

Mine unlocked straight away.
yorkie1222/10/2019 20:41

Mine unlocked straight away.

Not sure why some are getting unlocked so easily and some aren't then, but in the other thread I think somebody said that they had to ring the number to get theirs unlocked. It's looking like I'll have to do that (or try live chat) too.
Spend them asap
I got 300 points from a £3.79 spend, I assumed it was a promo where they give out bonus points. Although when I've received them in the past I think you get your normal points and then the bonus points show in your account separately so not too sure.
It seeks eBay gifted x100 Value of points with all orders for a few days

I have now got the x100 value and the original one
me thinks they got mixed up between £ and points
We need the double up event to come soon .. or one of the swipe n win freebies too
Online it now shows two entries - the correct number of points as well as the x 100 number - for an ebay transaction. Whether this is a step to cancelling the x 100 or they really need a new IT team I dont know.
Edited by: "jwsg" 23rd Oct
Had no end of problems with nectar since Monday. I rang to check my balance of over 30,000 points was right, was told it was, old p/w wouldn't work tried to reset locked out ever since. Rang this a.m told his colleague was confused!! Points are wrong ebay error. Sent link to reset didn't arrive for 2 hours now reset successfully, still showing balance of over 30,000 points! Think it's fair to say this will keep ebay/nectar tech guys busy for quite a while!!
Hi..Exactly the same happened to me yesterday but they had been deducted this morning when I looked
val.hills24/10/2019 12:47

Had no end of problems with nectar since Monday. I rang to check my …Had no end of problems with nectar since Monday. I rang to check my balance of over 30,000 points was right, was told it was, old p/w wouldn't work tried to reset locked out ever since. Rang this a.m told his colleague was confused!! Points are wrong ebay error. Sent link to reset didn't arrive for 2 hours now reset successfully, still showing balance of over 30,000 points! Think it's fair to say this will keep ebay/nectar tech guys busy for quite a while!!

Now your account is unlocked, try to spend points ASAP?
I had 30,000 points added instead of 300. Should of got 6x points as per offer on eBay.
Needless to say I spend them all quickly, Sainsburys had issues so the £70 I spent in store there didn't deduct.
Went home and spent the balance on eBay.

Balance has now updated.... I'm roughly on -42,000 points
For those getting new Nectar cards straightaway, I'd reconsider. If you plan on saying you thought you won a competition if Nectar ask, or if you plan on saying you didn't notice etc.

Nectar would probably notice you've got a new Nectar card straightaway and ask why did you stop using your old one immediately once it went into negative balance and get a new one? It looks too obvious.

I'd recommend to carry on using that existing Nectar card for a while, then stop. Then after a few months get a new Nectar card, say you lost your old one and didn't know you could get replacement online (or an excuse along that line) which would be more believable.
Edited by: "jamie15" 25th Oct
Extra points deducted now
Its Still seems to be all going on...just logged into nectar with old p/w???got sent a verification text entered that,let me in,over 30,000 points.Exchanged some up to value of item i wanted to buy and purchased with vouchers and it went through.At one odd point it started ADDING £2.50 back onto my purchase at a time instead of taking it off???????????Then I got a msg saying i could only use my credit card to pay so i logged out & back in again and it allowed me to exchange and buy.What the hell is going on??
I cant see anywhere in the news about this,so are these points genuine or not??????1 nectar call handler has said they are 1 has said theyre not.Has ANYONE got a clue whats going on?For all us oldies remember the poll tax fiasco under Thatcher,those who never paid it got away with it all,the naysayers paid up and got the eggy faces
val.hills25/10/2019 19:13

Its Still seems to be all going on...just logged into nectar with old …Its Still seems to be all going on...just logged into nectar with old p/w???got sent a verification text entered that,let me in,over 30,000 points.Exchanged some up to value of item i wanted to buy and purchased with vouchers and it went through.At one odd point it started ADDING £2.50 back onto my purchase at a time instead of taking it off???????????Then I got a msg saying i could only use my credit card to pay so i logged out & back in again and it allowed me to exchange and buy.What the hell is going on??I cant see anywhere in the news about this,so are these points genuine or not??????1 nectar call handler has said they are 1 has said theyre not.Has ANYONE got a clue whats going on?For all us oldies remember the poll tax fiasco under Thatcher,those who never paid it got away with it all,the naysayers paid up and got the eggy faces

I have no idea as the extra points I got have been taken off again so it’s back to the correct balance. Others who spent the extra points are now in a negative balance. They may still be playing catch up with certain accounts, who knows? but it’s taking them a ridiculous amount of time to correct it.
AGREE🐌🐌🐌
Anyone else cash out?
Spent another £110 today - I made these points into vouchers last week when they gave me even more points. Spent about £175 in total so far and got £23 left in vouchers. No sign of eBay doing anything to stop me using the vouchers.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 28th Oct
I also bought something off eBay and was surprised to see that I had been awarded 8500 points taking my nectar balance up to £70. I rarely buy off eBay and just assumed it was a special promotion linked to the rollout of the new style nectar app. I used a chunk of my nectar points on petrol as usual...no problem there. But a couple of days later I looked at my points balance to see it’s now £29 plus in the negative. What the ????
Just called nectar....offshore call centre and after the usual wrangling I was told that eBay had made an error and that this has impacted on many people’s accounts. The call handler told me that eBay are aware of the problem they have created for many nectar card holders who now have a negative balance and that they are working to rectify the situation. She said I would be getting an email from them in a few days. I wait with bated breath!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants