Nectar card points stolen.Has Nectar been hacked??..Strange thing Nectars system down since yesterday..

Posted 11th Feb
I had over £575 in Nectar points on the 10th of Feb , but I checked this morning and my points where almost all gone...checked my account shown as spent on eBay.

I did not spend them.

I have called Nectar, oddly enough their systems have been down since yesterday..

Anyone else lost any Nectar points.

Nectar just keep telling me to call back in the next few hours....
Community Updates
Top comments
Westwoodo11/02/2020 12:45

It's a public domain, having so many consecutive posts is not helping …It's a public domain, having so many consecutive posts is not helping either, the user with the issue has a abnormal amount of points "stolen" yet won't disclose how they have got them and keeps stepping away from the question, everyone else can use the app perfectly fine, so what do you want me to say?

Preferably something constructive. It's none of your business how the points were obtained. The OP is probably in distress and you are being antagonising.
Well I Tweeted Nectar earlier, they confirmed they had been hacked!

Nectar points have now been returned by Nectar to my 2nd Nectar account, they gave me 2000 points for my trouble.
Edited by: "Just.Wondering" 11th Feb
53 Comments
Find out what you bought and where it is getting sent, inform eBay, plus the seller and police...
Bargainhead11/02/2020 10:04

Find out what you bought and where it is getting sent, inform eBay, plus …Find out what you bought and where it is getting sent, inform eBay, plus the seller and police...

Well the points were not spent through my eBay account, it just shows on my Nectar card statement via the website, that they points were redeemed to the eBay site, I have checked my eBay accounts, I did not spend them on my account.

I have since spotted an email from yesterday, from Nectar confirming the update of my email address details....of course I did not make that change and is not my email address....

Called Nectar, but they have told me this time, their systems have been down since yesterday then back up again and back down again, call back in a few hours....

I wonder what are the chances of me getting my points back ?!!? £575 is a lot of money ! in Nectar points.
Just.Wondering11/02/2020 10:09

Well the points were not spent through my eBay account, it just shows on …Well the points were not spent through my eBay account, it just shows on my Nectar card statement via the website, that they points were redeemed to the eBay site, I have checked my eBay accounts, I did not spend them on my account.I have since spotted an email from yesterday, from Nectar confirming the update of my email address details....of course I did not make that change and is not my email address....Called Nectar, but they have told me this time, their systems have been down since yesterday then back up again and back down again, call back in a few hours....I wonder what are the chances of me getting my points back ?!!? £575 is a lot of money ! in Nectar points.

You need to report as fraud to the police as well.., nector will have new email and will be able to track where points were spent, then contact retailer and find delivery address...
Yeah, I read a news article from 2019 Christmas, loads of people had money stolen, Nectar did nothing much ! just said call police, police said they have bigger fish to fry !
Article below for the December 2019 smash and grab on peoples Nectar card points.

thisismoney.co.uk/mon…tml
That's a hell of a lot of points. How long did it take to accumulate that much? If my calculations are correct that's £57,000 spend to get that kind of points
MonkeyMan9011/02/2020 10:49

That's a hell of a lot of points. How long did it take to accumulate that …That's a hell of a lot of points. How long did it take to accumulate that much? If my calculations are correct that's £57,000 spend to get that kind of points

No its more, as 500 points = £2.50, so double it up !
Do you now know the new email address? I would contact Ebay via phone and advise them of fraud and see if they can do anything to put any sales under that account as on hold before anything is shipped out to them. Long shot but worth a try.
smashed11/02/2020 11:13

Do you now know the new email address? I would contact Ebay via phone and …Do you now know the new email address? I would contact Ebay via phone and advise them of fraud and see if they can do anything to put any sales under that account as on hold before anything is shipped out to them. Long shot but worth a try.

I do know the email, as Nectar emailed me the update of details showing the new email address.
Best thing to do is call Ebay and Nectar ASAP. Doubt police will do anything about it, but get the crime reference number anyway.
Quite a common occurrence for this to happen. A look around various forums will confirm that. Their security is shockingly bad !
Just spoken again with Nectar...systems still down and have been since yesterday, so they cannot check anything..

I explained my situation to them, they said, due to the points been spent on eBay, they would not ask me to call the police, they only ask you to call the police if the card was used in a store, so that CCTV footage could be obtained ....the rep asked for my details and although the system is still down, he said he would pass the details onto the suspicious activities team.

I did ask if their systems had been hacked....of course they denied that....BUT hey if the system has been having serious issues since yesterday....something sounds like it has gone seriously wrong.
This used to happen to Tesco Clubcard !
It’s very frustrating

Now apparently it’s happening to nectar ffs so has the staff moved there or who ever it is
Misslovely11/02/2020 11:42

This used to happen to Tesco Clubcard ! It’s very frustrating Now a …This used to happen to Tesco Clubcard ! It’s very frustrating Now apparently it’s happening to nectar ffs so has the staff moved there or who ever it is

Not sure, but I have contacted an online consumer site, as I think Nectar might of been hacked, 2 days of no accese to their accounts, I bet it is like the thing that happened a few weeks ago with the online holiday money exchange website....basically hackers broke in and demanded a ransom to regain access back to their systems......of course I'm adding 2 +2 and perhaps coming up with 5 ! but it does stink a bit to me.
Something strange is going on at Nectar, just tried to log into my account and got the message "It looks like there is a problem with that card number"
Just.Wondering11/02/2020 11:47

Not sure, but I have contacted an online consumer site, as I think Nectar …Not sure, but I have contacted an online consumer site, as I think Nectar might of been hacked, 2 days of no accese to their accounts, I bet it is like the thing that happened a few weeks ago with the online holiday money exchange website....basically hackers broke in and demanded a ransom to regain access back to their systems......of course I'm adding 2 +2 and perhaps coming up with 5 ! but it does stink a bit to me.

But you still have access to the account yourself?
Just.Wondering11/02/2020 11:47

Not sure, but I have contacted an online consumer site, as I think Nectar …Not sure, but I have contacted an online consumer site, as I think Nectar might of been hacked, 2 days of no accese to their accounts, I bet it is like the thing that happened a few weeks ago with the online holiday money exchange website....basically hackers broke in and demanded a ransom to regain access back to their systems......of course I'm adding 2 +2 and perhaps coming up with 5 ! but it does stink a bit to me.

Iv took a screen shot of mine as I have £93
App is working fine
smashed11/02/2020 11:54

But you still have access to the account yourself?

Oddly enough only via my phone, but that I logged into that while ago, so I presume it does not check each time I refresh it on my browser, but I cannot log in via the desktop website, so if you are already logged in no issues.
Misslovely11/02/2020 11:54

Iv took a screen shot of mine as I have £93 App is working fine

If my points are returned to me, I will be spending them straight away...I will not risk it again...BUT it is a big IF !!!

One thing it has prompted me to do today is change all my passwords on my paypal accounts and setup 2 step authorization.

Change my passwords on my Topcashback account and quidco account and bank the cash of which there was around £160 between the accounts.
Misslovely11/02/2020 11:54

Iv took a screen shot of mine as I have £93 App is working fine

I wonder if you tried to login via the website if you can log in or if you get the same user error as detailed above....
Just.Wondering11/02/2020 12:01

I wonder if you tried to login via the website if you can log in or if you …I wonder if you tried to login via the website if you can log in or if you get the same user error as detailed above....

Just logged into the website ok.

It's a horrible feeling when things like this happen Hope you manage to get it sorted out (and stay calm!)

Would it be worth getting in touch with ebay and giving them the new email address to see if they can track the purchase? They could at least alert the seller(s) to potential fraudulent activity which would be a step in the right direction...

I wonder if you tried to login via the website if you can log in or if you …I wonder if you tried to login via the website if you can log in or if you get the same user error as detailed above....

I’m scared in case I get hacked lol plus I’m bad with remembering passwords so I use app

But if you log in app and you can see points then they are there so must be a glitch

Use the multiquote button.

Going to have to ask how you got £575 in nectar points anyway but i'm not sure what you expect us to do?
Westwoodo11/02/2020 12:26

Use the multiquote button.Going to have to ask how you got £575 in nectar …Use the multiquote button.Going to have to ask how you got £575 in nectar points anyway but i'm not sure what you expect us to do?

Don't expect you to be able to do anything.... Looking for a bit of advice and to perhaps help warn other Nectar users!
Hacked11/02/2020 12:15

Just logged into the website ok. It's a horrible feeling when things like …Just logged into the website ok. It's a horrible feeling when things like this happen Hope you manage to get it sorted out (and stay calm!)Would it be worth getting in touch with ebay and giving them the new email address to see if they can track the purchase? They could at least alert the seller(s) to potential fraudulent activity which would be a step in the right direction...

It is a good idea, but I'm guessing the email address might not need to be tied to the ebay account, I think from memory you enter the nectar card number to your eBay account, then login via the nectar account... Could be wrong

Although the nectar card number must of been linked to another account to redeem the points.
Nectar customer service is absolutely woeful.
Just.Wondering11/02/2020 12:29

Don't expect you to be able to do anything.... Looking for a bit of advice …Don't expect you to be able to do anything.... Looking for a bit of advice and to perhaps help warn other Nectar users!

USE THE MULTIQUOTE BUTTON.

This whole story seems fishy.
Edited by: "Westwoodo" 11th Feb
Westwoodo11/02/2020 12:38

USE THE MULTIQUOTE BUTTON.This whole story seems fishy.

You are not helping. If you have nothing constructive to add, why post?
Edited by: "Hacked" 11th Feb
Westwoodo11/02/2020 12:38

USE THE MULTIQUOTE BUTTON.This whole story seems fishy.

!
Hacked11/02/2020 12:42

You are not helping. If you have nothing constructuve to add, why post?

It's a public domain, having so many consecutive posts is not helping either, the user with the issue has a abnormal amount of points "stolen" yet won't disclose how they have got them and keeps stepping away from the question, everyone else can use the app perfectly fine, so what do you want me to say?

It's a public domain, having so many consecutive posts is not helping …It's a public domain, having so many consecutive posts is not helping either, the user with the issue has a abnormal amount of points "stolen" yet won't disclose how they have got them and keeps stepping away from the question, everyone else can use the app perfectly fine, so what do you want me to say?

What do you mean I will not disclose how I got them , you asked me how I got them , I got them from purchases from eBay ! they often have 10x , 3x , 4x point offers, I buy lots and lots of items on eBay...the fact is the points have gone !

Preferably something constructive. It's none of your business how the points were obtained. The OP is probably in distress and you are being antagonising.
Hacked11/02/2020 12:48

Preferably something constructive. It's none of your business how the …Preferably something constructive. It's none of your business how the points were obtained. The OP is probably in distress and you are being antagonising.

I love a good conspiracy theory, perhaps I am a Russian spy, President Putin pays me in Nectar points, it is almost untraceable !
Just.Wondering11/02/2020 12:49

I love a good conspiracy theory, perhaps I am a Russian spy, President …I love a good conspiracy theory, perhaps I am a Russian spy, President Putin pays me in Nectar points, it is almost untraceable !

Am glad you are maintaining a sense of humour!!
Hacked11/02/2020 12:54

What else can you do ! each time I call Nectar, they just tell me to call back later, their systems are down !

To some degree, the Nectar points are free money, if it was say £15 I would call and moan and move on, but £575 is a fair chunk of useful money...which I did have in mind for spending on a PS5 !
Hacked11/02/2020 12:48

Preferably something constructive. It's none of your business how the …Preferably something constructive. It's none of your business how the points were obtained. The OP is probably in distress and you are being antagonising.

It's constructive to also add nothing to the thread? You suggested ideas that were already in the thread.

The op will get made to go around in circles and it will only end in 1 of 2 ways:

Get the points back

or

amazingly don't get the points back.

That's the thread right there.
Hacked11/02/2020 12:54

It's I am, am isn't a person.
Westwoodo11/02/2020 12:57

It's constructive to also add nothing to the thread? You suggested ideas …It's constructive to also add nothing to the thread? You suggested ideas that were already in the thread.The op will get made to go around in circles and it will only end in 1 of 2 ways:Get the points backoramazingly don't get the points back.That's the thread right there. It's I am, am isn't a person.

LOL what a worthy read!
@Just.Wondering I'm just wondering...did you get these points from the mistake that Nectar made before Christmas? I never logged into my account so I'm not aware if my account was affected or should I say 'rewarded'.

There was a thread on here about it all, but I can't find it now.

If this is the case and you have been hacked, I'm afraid the chances are very low that you'll get them back on your account
maccy1i11/02/2020 13:00

@Just.Wondering I'm just wondering...did you get these points from the …@Just.Wondering I'm just wondering...did you get these points from the mistake that Nectar made before Christmas? I never logged into my account so I'm not aware if my account was affected or should I say 'rewarded'.There was a thread on here about it all, but I can't find it now.If this is the case and you have been hacked, I'm afraid the chances are very low that you'll get them back on your account

No, they where real points, My point did go up due to the Nectar error, but did come back down to their normal level.
Just.Wondering11/02/2020 13:06

No, they where real points, My point did go up due to the Nectar error, …No, they where real points, My point did go up due to the Nectar error, but did come back down to their normal level.

Hope you get it sorted, I'd be livid if I lost that amount of points
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants