Expired

Need 3 LG LN5400 base screws

Found 6th Mar 2014
Hi All,

I've bought the 42" version of this TV second hand, but the stand is missing it's screws. The manual says the bit that connects to the TV is M4 screws... which is fine, purchased, it's all good. That bit then connects to the base with three screws... they are referred to P5x25 (which is a P5 screw 25mm long).

Can I find these? Nope...! Someone on eBay that was selling the stand with the screws kindly took a picture and gave me the barcode on the bag that they were in which is AGF75678638. I've quizzed LG's official parts supplier but even they have no idea on it and can't find it. I can see similar ones on their web site that are 18mm in length, but not sure about the head size..

My question is, does anyone have this TV, and know a suitable screw to use? They are comparable to Self-Tapping Panhead screws but they have a size in even numbers.. so not sure if they are suitable without finding someone I can at least try it with.. which no shop will allow as far as I know

Any help is very appreciated!
Community Updates
11 Comments
Hi Max-Power
I had this TV (or similar) and it died on me a few months ago. Happily it was warranteed as part of the deal I got it for and when they carted it away they left the stand and yes, the screws

I can send you a photo to make sure they are what you want / need I have all 4 of them in front of me now,

R's
numb3r9
Original Poster
numb3r9

Hi Max-PowerI had this TV (or similar) and it died on me a few months … Hi Max-PowerI had this TV (or similar) and it died on me a few months ago. Happily it was warranteed as part of the deal I got it for and when they carted it away they left the stand and yes, the screwsI can send you a photo to make sure they are what you want / need I have all 4 of them in front of me now, R'snumb3r9

That would be great yes please. it's the three that's bolted between the TV bracket and the base though, if you can unscrew those? You unscrew it from the top?
http://s7.postimg.org/xdwik3wuj/IMG_0752.jpg

These???
Original Poster
numb3r9

These???

Nah that's the one for the bracket to the TV, I need the other ones

It's the ones on the left bag here (the pic on the bag shows it)
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LG-HD-TV-PEDESTAL-STAND-FOR-47-OR-50-LN5400-47-OR-50-INCH-BRAND-NEW-/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/pt4AAOxy0bRTEbQE/$_12.JPG
Original Poster
Here's a pic the ebay guy sent me

http://openlight.co.uk/Images/lgscrew1.png
Max-Power

Here's a pic the ebay guy sent me

Yep, I went out and grabbed the old base and they are the 3 under screws on the base. PM me your addy and I will rip them out and send in the post. Else if you want the whole stand array and are near Ipswich you can have it (or a courier to collect).
Original Poster
numb3r9

Yep, I went out and grabbed the old base and they are the 3 under screws … Yep, I went out and grabbed the old base and they are the 3 under screws on the base. PM me your addy and I will rip them out and send in the post. Else if you want the whole stand array and are near Ipswich you can have it (or a courier to collect).

great stuff, thanks very much, will PM now
Did you ever figure out where the screws come from?
Original Poster
shawn2shine

Did you ever figure out where the screws come from?

Don't quite understand you mate. I tried the ones the guy here sent me but unfortunately they weren't the ones in the picture so had to buy some that looked similar from a hardware shop. I can find out which ones we bought and let you know? They were a bit tight when getting towards the end, but they fitted great.
Hey there. I have the same problem. Did you ever figure out what size of screw is compatible with it? Thanks!
Original Poster
jumpsalty

Hey there. I have the same problem. Did you ever figure out what size of … Hey there. I have the same problem. Did you ever figure out what size of screw is compatible with it? Thanks!

Think it was these mate, but can't be sure as it was a while ago now and my brother fitted it. I'll ask him to see if he remembers, but I doubt it!

http://www.screwfix.com/p/panhead-self-tappers-6-x-1-pack-of-100/14541

Best thing to do is to take the base with you as I think that has a bit of a thread on there anyway so you should be able to give it a go in the shop?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants