Expired

Need 500 Euros - Where's the best place to exchange £ ?

14 replies
Found 12th Apr 2008
The Euro is very strong at the moment so we get the lowest ever amount for our £1 since it launched 9 years ago!

We are off to Spain for a few days in two weeks and want to get around 500 euros worth, have looked at Travelex who seem to do a good rate (currently 1.21) but you can only collect them from airports and our flight from Bristol is a night one and the Travelex desk closes at 6pm and doesn't reopen until 4am.

What other options do I have apart from the post office who despite being commission free don't offer a very good rate.

13 Comments

know the feeling mate its rubbish everywhere you only get about 1.21 in most places

post office? erm they do comission free... not sure about the rates though.... banks?

I usually get mine from Marks & Spencer instore Exchange as they usually offer the best deal over the counter for last minute trips.......:thumbsup:

www6.marksandspencer.com/pag…=TM

1.2008 at the moment & commision free.

Remember to take your passport with you for ID.

Here's the list of M&S Exchanges to find your local one ...

fxcorporation.co.uk/mar…asp

I always take sterling and change it at the resort

Original Poster

Thanks, unfortunately we only have a M&S Food store local to us.

Will probably just use the Post Office as it's only 1 cent less than Travelex were offering so not as bad as I thought.

Thanks all.

It's certainly heading towards being 1 Euro = £1

best is to have an account with Nationwide and use their debit card to withdraw abroad, no fees and better rates than when you exchange cash.

i use M&S too, no commission, usually good rates, just having to bring the old passport to exchange.

M&S, or ask your bank

thomasexchange or crowncurrency

Money Spinning;1879139

Thanks, unfortunately we only have a M&S Food store local to us.Will … Thanks, unfortunately we only have a M&S Food store local to us.Will probably just use the Post Office as it's only 1 cent less than Travelex were offering so not as bad as I thought.Thanks all.It's certainly heading towards being 1 Euro = £1

travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/
Currency Express seem to have the best rates for you @1.22

travelex online is usually the best in the uk. Order it online as this is cheaper than over the counter and then choose to collect it from the airport you are flying from on the day of departure. You only need to give 24 hrs notice.

Change it in the resort and you will get 1.23 or 1.24 for changing sterling notes

schaf;1879189

best is to have an account with Nationwide and use their debit card to … best is to have an account with Nationwide and use their debit card to withdraw abroad, no fees and better rates than when you exchange cash.

I have had one of these for a few years now and come highly recommended. We only use for holidays....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't38
    2. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault67
    3. 02 priority22
    4. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)89177

See more discussions