Groups

need 512 ram(£12) upgrade for my vaio. is mrmemory.co.uk ok or other place?

hi,
    i know nothing about laptops and ram upgrades. help would be appreciated.
    anybody shopped from mrmemory.co.uk before?
    i would need a 512 ram upgrade for my sony vaio vgn-fs115b laptop.
    i found it for 12 quid including delivery from them. is the price ok?
    this is the only info about it: "200 Pin SO DIMM DDR2700 333MHz"
    do i need a specific brand? are some faster then others?

do you know of any other cheap uk retailer for ram upgrades?

oh yeah, how to fit it anyway? do i have to unscrew something? is it easy?

thanks

7 Comments

You don't need a specific brand of memory, so to speak, but usually better brands give better performance. Anyway here is information from sony on how to upgrade the memory on your laptop
    ]http//su…807

hope that helps. If I were you I would buy 2x512mb modules, to replace both of the 256mb modules you currently have. That would put you up to your maximum and give you the best performance. I upgraded my gf's vaio, it's pretty easy to do so don't be worried. I bought the memory from crucial.com.

check ebuyer out

Original Poster

ok guys thanks very much for your advise.
    i found same 512 ram on [url]www.orcalogic.co.uk[/url] transcend branded for £11.62 free delivery
    i will order that tomorrow.

by the way, will it really make big difference if i put 2 x 512 instead of the current 2 x 256 + 512 ?

volcom883;3230215

ok guys thanks very much for your advise.i found same 512 ram on … ok guys thanks very much for your advise.i found same 512 ram on [url]www.orcalogic.co.uk[/url] transcend branded for £11.62 free deliveryi will order that tomorrow.by the way, will it really make big difference if i put 2 x 512 instead of the current 2 x 256 + 512 ?

Most laptops only have 2 banks(slots) for ram so if you've got 2 x 256 ram you'll have to buy 2 x 512mb rams if you want 1GB! Open up your lappy to check!!

volcom883;3230215

ok guys thanks very much for your advise.i found same 512 ram on … ok guys thanks very much for your advise.i found same 512 ram on [url]www.orcalogic.co.uk[/url] transcend branded for £11.62 free deliveryi will order that tomorrow.by the way, will it really make big difference if i put 2 x 512 instead of the current 2 x 256 + 512 ?

yeah, your laptop just has the two memory slots which are currently occupied by 2x256mb ram modules, replacing one would give you 768mb in total (256 + 512) . You'd be far better off, in my opinion, installing 2x512mb modules which would give you your maximum for that system (1024mb) - that's what I did in my gf's vaio. There's not really that much demand for the redundant 256mb modules though, but if you find any one willing to buy them do let on. (I still have 2) lol.

Original Poster

yeah just checked it and its got 2 slots only. so i am gonna order 2 512 then.
    appreciate your help folks
    bye
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317

See more discussions