Groups
    EXPIRED

Need a battery for laptop but so expensive any good sites?

Our old laptop a dell inspiron 1510 now permanently need to be connected to mains. On the website dell want to charge me £109 pounds. I just cant see the point in paying this. I also want to upgrade the RAM and would end up paying about £150 in total.
    Are there any sites that do battteries for my dell that arent actually dell so cost less.
    At this stage it seems i may as well just buy a new laptop.
    Whilst i am already looking at deals on new ones it would have been nice to keep this old dell running so one of the kids could have it.
    Thanks for any advice.

6 Comments

I bought a new replacement battery of eBay not that long ago for about £40. For laptop memory, I'm sure I saw a few deals floating round about Play.com, you might want to check that out.

Here you go:

Dell batteries: shop.ebay.co.uk/i.h…t=0

Original Poster

Thanks guys repped you both.

slightly cheaper at dealextreme, same battery for a dell 6400 it seems.

you can get them on ebay for under £20, new non original batteries and Dell branded used.

Think I'd go with bob's suggestions 1 year warranty, wouldn't fancy that with dx or ebay.

Original Poster

Thanks one of those takes paypal as well which i prefer when i dont know a company.
    Thanks to you all for your help. Kids might get my old laptop after all.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bmw, Mercedes or Range Rover22
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)48
      3. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??22
      4. Laptop (not for gaming )11

See more discussions