Groups

Need a bit advice with selling stuff on ebay

Hi!

I have to move soon to States and so I have to sell quite different things. I just want do avoid beginner mistakes . I once sold a nice painting for 0.99 pound which was very big disappointing. ( I followed the ebay script, starting at low price should lead to a better price)

What is your advice ? maybe someone has gone through the hard school of learning by doing.

Thanks for any help!

11 Comments

if you dont want to sell for a low price then up the start price.....or set a reserve :? common sense anywhere?

Banned

all depends on what your selling?

bootsales may be better?

maybe here is better?

first think would be to research and see how much similar items that ended recently have sold for.
    If its a very liquid item then Id do a 99p start.
    Otherwise you are better off starting at a higher price or doing a buy it now/best offer

Banned

always start it at whatever youde be happy to sell it at, no matter what the fees are

It is always best to set the starting price at the very lowest you would be happy with getting for the item (remember it needs to tempt buyers also so not too high) Or start the item low but put a reserve price (usually for more expensive items) that way there will be no winner until they meet your minimum price.

It will cost more to list like this but you will not be out of pocket and dismayed come the end of the sale.

sassie;7431570

always start it at whatever youde be happy to sell it at, no matter what … always start it at whatever youde be happy to sell it at, no matter what the fees are

hey, just noticed your location.
    Hope you, your family and friends are alright and didnt get affected by the blast. It was terrible....... saw it on the news..

Banned

whosthere?;7431617

hey, just noticed your location.Hope you, your family and friends are … hey, just noticed your location.Hope you, your family and friends are alright and didnt get affected by the blast. It was terrible....... saw it on the news..

aww thank you so much, yes we all fine, thankfully none of us involved

Sell on here?

same as already has been said start the price at around the amount you would be happy to receive but be realistic and watch a few items same as the ones you are selling to see the sort of prices people are paying for them

sassie;7431647

aww thank you so much, yes we all fine, thankfully none of us involved

good to hear:-D
    scary stuff though

I stick to doing "buy it now" these days because you can set immediate payment required. No hassle with non paying bidders!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. totalev.com comp - win an electric car1919
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains44
      3. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp22
      4. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer66

See more discussions