Found 8th Mar 2011
Me and my sister where going to swap from o2 pay and go to an o2 contract each, we where offered the new samsung galaxy s each for £25 a month for 24 months. Then o2 wanted an refundable deposit of £150 for each phone !!!!! We would have been happy to pay once but not twice they said this was for a credit check thingy. Does anyone know of any company that will signs us up to o2 contract and give us the galaxy without paying the depsoit we are willing to take the 24 month contract but £300 is a bit much even though you get it back after 3 months

11 Comments

I must be a bit out of touch - haven't heard of paying a deposit to get a phone. Either a phone is free or you have to pay something and not get the money back, especially if it's an expensive phone.

Original Poster

They said my sister credit rating wasn't great but the fack was the two account where going to be paid out of the same account.

They will have had a credit referral on you, it's standard practice.

Basically with the credit checks with the networks in the UK you have three levels.

1)Pass
2)Deposit required -this will change depending on the handset cost and tariff
3)fail

If you wanted to totally avoid a cost, I'd try a lower cost handset and or tariff, generally speaking though, 3rd party retailers like CPW and P4U seem to be more lenient when it comes to Credit checks so you may want to try with them.

*I work for Three.

Original Poster

so you do you thinj we should go with car phone or maybe phones 4 u . Would it be any different if we went to an o2 shop?

Different stores have different risk levels. As do companies mate.

I would give a 3rd party like the ones named above a go, yeah.

Banned

How nice of you guys to reply to a query 8 months later, im sure it will be of great use to the OP

Adnan786

How nice of you guys to reply to a query 8 months later, im sure it will … How nice of you guys to reply to a query 8 months later, im sure it will be of great use to the OP

dougle34, posted 8 hours, 53 minutes ago

And OP, I went with T-mobile, and I used to go through e2save.co.uk. It helped me get my first phone contract- o2 turned me down (few years ago)

Banned

Lol, i swear i read 8 months the first time around.....my apologies

Adnan786

Lol, i swear i read 8 months the first time around.....my apologies

Could be another HUKD bug, people have read decades etc on here!

Banned

I'll go with that hehe

Original Poster

see the same phone on phone 4 u for less a month on o2 also did a bit of searching on net and it looks like we can get a better deal from 3rd partys, Who stupit is that you would think o2 direct would get you a better deal
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1018
    2. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.612
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604811
    4. Leicester sack their manager!1222

See more discussions