Groups

Need a Blender reccomendation

Hi i need a blender. I like the Vitamix 300 but £500 is a bit much.

I would like it to be BPA free and a nice bonus if its able to make soups. I.E the heat function.

Any help or experience is helpful to me.

9 Comments

Presumably you have a microwave to heat food up in.....in that case you just need a cheap as chips stick blender.

https://tesco.scene7.com/is/image/tesco/316-3297_PI_TPS2610003

I love the functions of the vitamix, but like you couldn't justify the price , I couldn't find anything else that had the soup function that actually had good reviews unfortunately. Really depends on what you want to use it for, we bought a Nutribullet 900 which does a fab job of blending without any bits being left . However it was still £75, so if you don't mind about how smooth a result you end up with there are much cheaper options. I didn't go with the Nutribullet that does soups , as it's nothing like the vitamix, eg to get a good result you have to pre cook the veg to soften it first.

I recommend this one ,Magimix le blender
    John Lewis link here
    You can make hot soup , ice cream,and smoothies easily

And it gives two free smaller blender cup(worth £40)
    Good luck

Original Poster

david2004

I recommend this one ,Magimix le blenderJohn Lewis link hereYou can make … I recommend this one ,Magimix le blenderJohn Lewis link hereYou can make hot soup , ice cream,and smoothies easilyAnd it gives two free smaller blender cup(worth £40) Good luck

Thank you think i will go with this, do you have this or just recommendation?
    As i wonder if the rubber seal that connect glass jug to the blender comes in contact with food e.g. when making soups.

Original Poster

tinkerbellian

I love the functions of the vitamix, but like you couldn't justify the … I love the functions of the vitamix, but like you couldn't justify the price , I couldn't find anything else that had the soup function that actually had good reviews unfortunately. Really depends on what you want to use it for, we bought a Nutribullet 900 which does a fab job of blending without any bits being left . However it was still £75, so if you don't mind about how smooth a result you end up with there are much cheaper options. I didn't go with the Nutribullet that does soups , as it's nothing like the vitamix, eg to get a good result you have to pre cook the veg to soften it first.

I was interested in the NutriNinja but i don't like the plastic containers as it has effects like BPA some claim worse. So prefer glass just for peace of mind and assurity that my smoothies are really healthy.
    Hard to find companies that limit plastic, understandably in high powered as safety but hopefully the one above is very minimal plastic exposure to food.

Not sure about the nutrininja as its a different make to the Nutribullet, but Nutribullet accessories are BPA free, They are also free of phthalates. the cups are plastic, but as the drinks only stay in them for 30 seconds to 60 maximum then I'm assuming it won't be a major problem. I decant my drinks into other containers once made and use them straight away.

GasGaGlide

Thank you think i will go with this, do you have this or just … Thank you think i will go with this, do you have this or just recommendation?As i wonder if the rubber seal that connect glass jug to the blender comes in contact with food e.g. when making soups.

youtube link here
    look at this video , i hope it answers your question

Original Poster

david2004

youtube link herelook at this video , i hope it answers your question

Thank you, you have been great, very good reviews, looks like just what i was after, cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1746
      2. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)1014
      3. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?33
      4. Looking for destiny 2 players ps411

See more discussions