Groups

need a car with 8 seats can anyone recomend one?

just been informed that its going to be to costly to repair our car so we are looking to buy another 8 seater any suggestions?

57 Comments

Depending on your' budget, you won't beat a Toyota Land Cruiser, all forward facing too. :thumbsup:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/toyota/toyota_images/toyota-land-cruiser-11-05-09.jpg

or a Previa

Or try another garage to see if they verify that it will cost that much.

Dont tell them another garage has given you a high price, just put it in and ask how much to repair.

They may say it can be done cheaper.

we had nissan serena, fantastic for lots of kids and hardly any money. diesel was good. We had three in all, not cos there was a problem, but we just updated model, when the opportunity arose. Most recent car I had was a galaxy, which is lovely too. but expensive to run.

Original Poster

its not in a garage my dad has it he is a mechanic

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:http://www.freefoto.com/images/2030/09/2030_09_63---Red-London-Bus_web.jpg

Not very good on motorways or in wet weather though!

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5083/carojr.jpg

Original Poster

bernyrabbit;5778469

we had nissan serena, fantastic for lots of kids and hardly any money. … we had nissan serena, fantastic for lots of kids and hardly any money. diesel was good. We had three in all, not cos there was a problem, but we just updated model, when the opportunity arose. Most recent car I had was a galaxy, which is lovely too. but expensive to run.

do the serenas have much boot space?

heard good things about the fiat multipla

don't like the look of them personally tho

Original Poster

Shambolic;5778444

Depending on your' budget, you won't beat a Toyota Land Cruiser, all … Depending on your' budget, you won't beat a Toyota Land Cruiser, all forward facing too. :thumbsup:

very nice but we are only looking to spend around £2000 :oops:

Get yourself a Toyota Estima Emina jap import. Had mone for 3 years now, never let me down. A/C, diesel, runs on veggie oil...absolutely superb. Been to Disneyland Paris with 8 people in it and luggage and came back topping 100mph most of the way. Fantastic car!

Original Poster

phatboy123;5778488

heard good things about the fiat multipla don't like the look of them … heard good things about the fiat multipla don't like the look of them personally tho

neither do i,thats one ugly car
    hasnt it only got 6 seats?

Hoda Imports are a good price - generally low mileage I have got a Honda shuttle (not an import) and I love it but its only me in it and it seems a bit silly now, quite heavy on petrol too 22 to the gallon
    I have never had one single problem with my car and it flies through the MOT every year - and its 1999, Honda engines are the most reliable

A London taxi?

edjaned;5778494

very nice but we are only looking to spend around £2000 :oops:

Nissan Terrano 2.7tdi Long wheel base models seat eight, and could be within budget. ;-)

https://www.mycarcheck.com/media/mycarcheck/reviews/36/295-300.jpg

Original Poster

axy

Foxy102;5778507

Get yourself a Toyota Estima Emina jap import. Had mone for 3 years now, … Get yourself a Toyota Estima Emina jap import. Had mone for 3 years now, never let me down. A/C, diesel, runs on veggie oil...absolutely superb. Been to Disneyland Paris with 8 people in it and luggage and came back topping 100mph most of the way. Fantastic car!

i have had an estima b4,
    ive had a delica,an estima,an espace and a galaxy
    the estima and delica were costly to run

edjaned;5778534

axyi have had an estima b4,ive had a delica,an estima,an espace and a … axyi have had an estima b4,ive had a delica,an estima,an espace and a galaxythe estima and delica were costly to run

Not the 2.2 2wd on veggie it ain't :thumbsup:. 75p/litre at Bookers (25p/litre cheaper than on a forecourt!)

Hi I Have A Nissan Elgrand Which Is 8 Seat And Has A Good Boot As Well. It Is A Import But Part Are Easy To Get, And They Are A Good Price, It Has A Big Engine But It Does About 30 Miles To A Gallon, It Is The Best 8 Seater I Have Every Owned.

Original Poster

Foxy102;5778558

Not the 2.2 2wd on veggie it ain't :thumbsup:. 75p/litre at Bookers … Not the 2.2 2wd on veggie it ain't :thumbsup:. 75p/litre at Bookers (25p/litre cheaper than on a forecourt!)

lol guess where the other half works...bookers we get a 10% discount :thumbsup:

In terms of costly to run, I seriously doubt you are gonna get an 8 seater with a budget of £2000 that is going to be 'efficient'. If you find one, let me know.

edjaned;5778581

lol guess where the other half works...bookers we get a 10% discount … lol guess where the other half works...bookers we get a 10% discount :thumbsup:

You are laughing then!

Hi I Have Also Have A Estima And Got Rid Of It Because Of The Running Cost But The Elgrand Run A Lot Better And Is Great To Drive

when i was in cyprus the taxis were like mini limos lol 8 seater they were pimped :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Foxy102;5778585

In terms of costly to run, I seriously doubt you are gonna get an 8 … In terms of costly to run, I seriously doubt you are gonna get an 8 seater with a budget of £2000 that is going to be 'efficient'. If you find one, let me know.

do u have to convert it to run on veggie oil?

edjaned;5778610

No, I run 25% diesel and fill the rest up with veggie :). In the summer, when the veg oil is more 'runny' you can run 90% with no problems. I ws seriously worried the first time I did it, but it ran really smoothly, and I found I actually got more MPG out of veggie.

Original Poster

so how do u do that then?do u fill in a container at the forecourt and mix it with the veggie oil at home?

edjaned;5778610

You do know that it will smell like a chip van?

edjaned;5778641

so how do u do that then?do u fill in a container at the forecourt and … so how do u do that then?do u fill in a container at the forecourt and mix it with the veggie oil at home?

No. wait till it's empty, put a tenner or so of diesel in the tank. Go home, fill a watering can with veggie, and just bung it in until the cars full. In the winter, you can add 10% petrol to the veggie, as this makes it thinner.

Original Poster

been watching this one on ebay 250463972560
    but i have asked 3 times if i can go and view it with my dad (mechanic) and he doesnt reply so i wont be bidding

Shambolic;5778653

LOL. It does! Everyone at work always feels hungry when I turn up!!!

Original Poster

Shambolic;5778653

i thought that was just if u used chippy fat?

Original Poster

Foxy102;5778666

LOL. It does! Everyone at work always feels hungry when I turn up!!!

how strong does it smell lol can people smell chips as u drive past?

Best check your' diesel fuel pump can cope with it too. :thumbsup:

edjaned;5778674

I think it smells really nice. No one would notice unless you park up for a minute or two.

Shambolic;5778685

Best check your' diesel fuel pump can cope with it too. :thumbsup:

Bosch and Nippon are OK. Nippon are in Estima's, whilst Bosch are in most VW (Pre PD engine)

edjaned;5778674

Lol, smells amazing, you'll be hungry all the time.

Check your' fuel pump type prior to trying this though. :thumbsup:

Foxy102;5778688

I think it smells really nice. No one would notice unless you park up for … I think it smells really nice. No one would notice unless you park up for a minute or two.

Then they'll form a queue. ;-)

Original Poster

well the smell of chips would be better than the fog of black smoke that was pouring out of the delica i used to have to wait until my street was free of people b4 starting it up
    embarasing to say the least
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions