Groups

Need a cheap non-spring double mattress

Doesn't have to be all memory foam, if any, just no springs/coils. There are various on Amazon starting around 70 with very mixed (fake?) reviews. I trust Ikea and their Morgedal looks good but at 165 is more than I want to pay.

6 Comments

Air mattress ?

I got two from lidl of all places a couple of years ago. Think they were about £70 each. Noticed they had them in my local store yesterday. One is in daily use and the other on the spare bed. Not had any complaints about them . I may be sleeping on one tomorrow so if I do I'll let you know

The Silentnight 3-Zone and 7-Zone memory foam mattresses are good, we have a 7-Zone one in the spare room. But not any cheaper than the Ikea one - although they do have them in-store at Costco, and are cheaper there (especially when they go on sale). Not sure what the current Costco price on them is.

amazon.co.uk/d/7…F6/

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell

I got two from lidl of all places a couple of years ago. Think they were … I got two from lidl of all places a couple of years ago. Think they were about £70 each. Noticed they had them in my local store yesterday. One is in daily use and the other on the spare bed. Not had any complaints about them . I may be sleeping on one tomorrow so if I do I'll let you know

I had a look (wouldn't have thought to otherwise) only seem to selling mattress protectors.

faxmax

I had a look (wouldn't have thought to otherwise) only seem to selling … I had a look (wouldn't have thought to otherwise) only seem to selling mattress protectors.

They have the mattresses in my local. Hit and miss I suppose

Original Poster

Muir

The Silentnight 3-Zone and 7-Zone memory foam mattresses are good, we … The Silentnight 3-Zone and 7-Zone memory foam mattresses are good, we have a 7-Zone one in the spare room. But not any cheaper than the Ikea one - although they do have them in-store at Costco, and are cheaper there (especially when they go on sale). Not sure what the current Costco price on them is.https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/7jb/Silentnight-3-Zone-Memory-Foam-Rolled-Mattress-Double/B006MUTMF6/

Thanks, I saw this one. In that price range the Amazon alternative (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KTVT2JE) seems better, slightly cheaper at 145 delivered and deeper at 20cm, the 7 v 3 zone is not significant. It seems these (including Ikea's, etc.) are never pure memory foam anyway, if I were looking for something long term getting daily use I would consider going up a range but I need something for now so focusing on those under 100. This foam (no memory part) from Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Comfort-7-zone-Mattress-Double/dp/B017BEQTM0/) looks decent value at 80, 15cm thickness whereas Ikea's equivalent at this price is only 10cm.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions