EXPIRED

need a decent laptop from currys/currys digital./pc world

SuperEd
OH spilt drink over my laptop..... and getting £300 in vouchers from morethan

anybody recommend one?

10 Comments

Is this through your insurance cos my son has just tipped a bottle of water over his and it won't work now! Did you have any trouble claiming?

Original Poster SuperEd

KazzyD;7461667

Is this through your insurance cos my son has just tipped a bottle of … Is this through your insurance cos my son has just tipped a bottle of water over his and it won't work now! Did you have any trouble claiming?

yes it is,was no trouble @ all ,really good all the way through and didnt take long :thumbsup:

goonertillidie;7461713

yes it is,was no trouble @ all ,really good all the way through and didnt … yes it is,was no trouble @ all ,really good all the way through and didnt take long :thumbsup:

Thanks, didn't think of insurance, was dreading telling his dad.

Will give our insurance a ring in the morning:thumbsup:

Banned

I got my new laptop from littlewoods , £599 the new sony viao nw , brilliant laptop , windows 7 on it, shop about as u will find currys and comet will price match alot of places

How long ago was it Kazza? My son spilt a pint glass of juice in his dads laptop about a week after he got it. Took it aprt left it upside down to dry for a few weeks. Its fine, keys a litle sticky and have always been but no probems.

superskilly;7461769

How long ago was it Kazza? My son spilt a pint glass of juice in his dads … How long ago was it Kazza? My son spilt a pint glass of juice in his dads laptop about a week after he got it. Took it aprt left it upside down to dry for a few weeks. Its fine, keys a litle sticky and have always been but no probems.

Sorry, son wanted feeding!!

It was on Tuesday, have tipped it upside down , had hair dryer on it and everything but nothing happens when switched on except the light comes on the laptop!

Banned

If you have the option to claim on contents insurance then i would go that route , opening it up to fix will invalidate the warranty anyway so a shop will not take it back

Banned

KazzyD;7462099

Sorry, son wanted feeding!!It was on Tuesday, have tipped it upside down … Sorry, son wanted feeding!!It was on Tuesday, have tipped it upside down , had hair dryer on it and everything but nothing happens when switched on except the light comes on the laptop!

sounds like the inverter has took a soaking

modernwarfarepro;7462327

sounds like the inverter has took a soaking

Is that fatal then?

Banned

KazzyD;7462350

Is that fatal then?

to your laptop screen yes, to humans no :-D

you would need to take the laptop apart and check it (which of course will void your warranty)

Safest bet claim on the insurance :thumbsup:

2 minute fix if you know how to dismantle laptops , only way i know how to do it as my Partner drove over my laptop and broke the screen so had to replace innards....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Need an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked. Any websites that you can recommend?22
    2. Fifa 1837
    3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills33
    4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?69

See more discussions