Need a favour from anyone on a Vodafone Contract!

11 replies
Found 5th Nov 2008
Hi all,

I recently purchased a phone from ebay. It was locked on Vodafone. From what I read here a while ago, I assumed that Vodafone unlock the phones for free.

I spoke to their CS and they advised me that they will only unlock the phone for free if anyone with vodafone contract rang them up and asked for a NUC (Network Unlock Code). I told them the whole story of eBay and they checked to confirm that the phone was sent on a contract but cannot unlock it as I dont have a Vodafone contract.

Any of you kind people here willing to phone them up for me and ask for the NUC code?

For all your time and effort I could also pay £5 into your paypal account once my phone is unlocked!
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BTW phone that needs unlocking is a Blackberry 8310.

11 Comments

Supermod

I will do it but I cannot do it until tomorrow about 4pm. I dont want any payment as it wont take that long to do!

ill give em a ring if its the freephone CS number....not sure what info i would need to know about your phone tho?

Original Poster

magicjay1986;3382400

I will do it but I cannot do it until tomorrow about 4pm. I dont want any … I will do it but I cannot do it until tomorrow about 4pm. I dont want any payment as it wont take that long to do!

Magicjay1986 - you are a star!!

I am not in a rush. I will PM you the IMEI number shortly.
Many thanks and rep will be given!

....fair enough

Original Poster

lil_tiger;3382507

ill give em a ring if its the freephone CS number....not sure what info i … ill give em a ring if its the freephone CS number....not sure what info i would need to know about your phone tho?

lil_tiger - Its the same customer service number you would ring from your phone for free.

Magicjay offered to help me out first so I will wait for him to give me an answer tomorrow.

Many thanks to both you kind people! I will return the favour when possible!!

Supermod

lil_tiger;3382524

....fair enough

...you can help as well if you want...you can pop the kettle on whilst I am on the phone!...no...? Ok.

lil_tiger;3382524

....fair enough

magicjay1986;3382545

...you can help as well if you want...you can pop the kettle on whilst I … ...you can help as well if you want...you can pop the kettle on whilst I am on the phone!...no...? Ok.

white with two sugars for me..:thumbsup:

Supermod

edna_clouds;3382602

white with two sugars for me..:thumbsup:

Hey Edna!

any chance any one of you very kind souls could do the same for me, pretty please ;-)

I have just ordered a phone but thought it would be unlocked but I rang and checked and apparently it will be set to Vodafone so I would be eternally grateful if anyone could ring and get a code for me!

many many thanks in advance!
dan

i need the code wil pay someone who can get me it

nice to see people helping each other here!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal35
    2. Wireless earphones33
    3. Gatwick Airport Parking44
    4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?47

See more discussions