Need a good courier - any help please :)

Found 21st Aug 2017
Hi all,I have ~2 bin bags worth of stuff (bulky not particularly heavy) I need transporting from residential address in Brighton to address 400 miles away.

I've never used a courier before. Pickup needs to ideally be as flexible as poss. Collection point at destination not as important.

The items are not worth much, but are of sentimental value.

Can anyone recommend a good courier option for me? Not in a rush but I need the stuff by end September.

Any help greatly appreciated
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
A friend used this website, i did also get a quote for bring some stuff from France to the uk might help
I normally use myhermes - very good and one of the cheapest. Would need to check that your parcels are within their size range. I'd pack the goods in something more resistant than bin bags.

myhermes will collect but I normally drop off at one of their appointed newsagents.

i once had to ship something too large for myhermes and used Yodel - a little more expensive but again no problems.
Original Poster
Great help - thanks both! Just to clarify, drop off is also UK based - not overseas.. now to sort out packing materials... will Google but presuming boxes of the type used for moving house can be ordered on amazon (I hope so!)...
Trans Global Express are pretty good.

They offer courier collection from either residential or place of work address.

They email all required postage documents in a pdf file for printing and they call on the morning of collection to ensure everything is ok.

Their prices are very fair compared to other courier services, especially on large bulky items.

If your items are sentimental, I would be cautious with MyHermes. I have had packages delivered from them many times to my place of work and the delivery driver has either signed for the delivery themselves or left the package in a public space on open view.
Post a comment

Top Discussions