Groups
    EXPIRED

Need a good place to buy some Cross Stitch

as above
    mums xmas: if you like Cross Stitch(ing) what else can i get her?

6 Comments

ebay if failin that i think argos do some

have you got a nice market locally?? craft shops are expensive...or you could buy her a book about it? depends on her level. Does she need a kit or fabric to make her own?

magazine subscription perhaps? these always have a free kit with them. maybe you could use teco clubcard points to buy a subscription.

i used to do it and found the best range was on ebay. have a look you will be amazed !

Hobbycraft, thats where my sis in law goes

If your mum already does cross stitch she probably has all the basic kit. If not Readicut have a vast range and are always having sales and clearance lines:
    readicut.co.uk/cat…ACL

A sewing frame and/or stand makes the task easier (I don't like hoops as they distort the fabric):
    readicut.co.uk/Acc…AC/

This site is also supposed to be very good but I haven't used it myself:
    sewandso.co.uk/cro…tml

.and good lighting is essential and as ^^^^ choc1969 posts, Hobbycraft is good too. They also have offers and clearance lines (and craft classes) but you must visit to a store to buy:
    hobbycraft.co.uk/cra…tml

If your mum has finished work, a good present is to have it professionally mounted and framed which is expensive but will be really appreciated. The hard part is finding a good framing shop with staff who know what they are doing. Hobbycraft used to do it but stopped a couple of years ago.:x

The best sewing aid present that I received was:
    sewandso.co.uk/ran…tml
    expensive but worth every penny.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks everyone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Legal advice33
      2. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?59
      3. Samsung Galaxy S666
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2636

See more discussions