Need a good printer where the ink is cheap to buy

Found 16th Oct 2017
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
We use this Epson workforce printer. Linky cheap inks available on Amazon and eBay.
Edited by: "badgerrules" 16th Oct 2017
eBay is cheap for ink cartridges, but where are your manners?
Canon mx925 i have it for more than a year. Print a lot with no problems. The ink is very cheap.
Hp printer with fax capabilities, comes with 5 months free ink and then go on the £1.99 monthly ink tariff for 25 pages or upgrade the plan as needed.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 16th Oct 2017
Original Poster
Thank you all. My Epson has died (thankfully under warranty) and Amazon are refunding the full cost, so I need to find another one fairly quickly.
There is a deal shared today for an HP 3637 with 2 month Instant Ink trial. It really is the way to go - I'm on the £1.99 / 50 ppm tier with 50 page rollover - you can't buy 600 pages worth of official Ink for £24 / year and you don't stress about finding the next cheap deal on your cartridges, HP just send them when needed.
Can"t find the above deal suggested by @Ar460rn (perhaps they can find it and add the link),
alternatively this one one comes with 3 months free ink for £29.99 from Argos, then add the plan
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 16th Oct 2017
The one I was referring to is here. £24 from Argos.
Edited by: "Ar460rn" 16th Oct 2017
Ever considered getting a laser? There are decent ones at reasonable prices which will work out cheaper in the long run.
Original Poster
Thanks again folks.

Hmm. Laser printers are pricey, aren't they? Cheap ones would probably only print in black and white presumably?
Toptrumpet9 h, 47 m ago

Hp printer with fax capabilities, comes with 5 months free ink and then go …Hp printer with fax capabilities, comes with 5 months free ink and then go on the £1.99 monthly ink tariff for 25 pages or upgrade the plan as needed.

The £1.99 HP Instant Ink plan has 50 pages per month not 25 pages
Thanks for the correction, 50 pages is even better value then.
Been with HP instant ink for about a year now and regularly change my plan month by month, The ink is shipped in good time and long gone are the days of paying the best part of £30 for ink every couple of months and having a panic attack when I'd run out and needed something urgent like a boarding pass printed. Also, I now let the kids print anything for homework in colour, before I was very strict on what they printed, even just using black and white.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants